Foren

ZUR TESLA-COMMUNITY
REGISTRIERENEinloggen

Tell me: How much cars are delivered in 2012?

As reservation- and as stockholder it's getting darker and darker. Stock is tumbling around and tesla doensn't come out with an news?
Good sign or bad sign?
I need a straight rise in the stock till june, otherwise I can't afford the performance!

So, pls. share Your thoughts with me, while we're waiting for the rare numbers..

next news should be:

-How much Cars in 2012?
-Kickoff Tesla appstore
-First Signature delivery in Europe
-Reveal of Gen III

Maybe tesla is aspirational and blog something. Wasn't there a time, when G. Blankenship posted the inside tesla-news? Tuesday, right?

at least they could suggest a feeling, if everything is fine or not!

Aren't you the guy who said he was out because of pricing? And now you're talking about affording a performance?

the earningscall Q4 2012 is still 6 weeks away (feb 11/2013).
I cannot make it that long- aaaaaargh (biting into wood)

tork +1

Whity,

Making money off of Tesla stock is OK. Needing to make money by a date certain is not so good, especially if you are buying on margin.

Hey tork: Sorry, You are right, but I finally calmed down a little... as commercial buyer I get the VAT back. And further I need to buy it anyway, because I really need it want it love it.

But I'm really on the limit with this whole risky story =)
...life would be boring without risk taking!

-How much Cars in 2012?
-Kickoff Tesla appstore
-First Signature delivery in Europe
-Reveal of Gen III

-Less than hoped
-Too busy fixing firmware
-Too busy fixing delivered cars to work on european issues
-Team still tied up with Model X

I would keep quiet, too!!

Elon understands what is required to get mission critical software right (from SpaceX) and this is probably why there's been no stories of cars doing anything unexpected in terms of the drivetrain. The UI/HMI seems less robust (which from a certain point is fine, it can and is being resolved, remotely) and I would not be boasting too hard about what I was doing now and in the future with that hanging over me. I think some people would be irritated to see "Yeahh!! Our next gen car will be smaller and cheaper with better features and technology!" while still waiting for their jump seats to be delivered or their spoiler to be attached, and having to "reboot" their displays each time they get in the car....

There also seems to be something going on with 12V batteries, which could be a problem with the batteries themselves, the DC-DC converter or possibly the charger. If one of these things transpires to be a recall, well I would want to save the good news for after that, too!

I think that confirmation of the current production rate and the product's success will have a greater influence on the stock price than the amount of cars that were delivered last quarter. I think that the events of last quarter are already factored into current stock prices.

According to the Fremont service center this a.m., 2600 cars have been delivered as of today.

@rzitrin -- did they say anything about how many are in transit?

@Whity

I'm glad you jumped back over onto the dark side =D

I received my car, VIN 2725, on Dec 29th. While I know that VINs are not being delivered in order, I am surprised there have only been 2600 deliveries thus far. I would have expected 3000+ by now. Particularly 8 days into the new year. The Fremont factory alone is delivered 25-35 cars a day.

rd2 +1

Not sure about transit, but they were running finished cars into the auxiliary parking lot every 3 minutes or so.

I was surprised at the low figure too. No guarantee on accuracy, but it seemed like the guy knew.

Is this company going to last?? No info from them. Scary.

Tesla and I closed on the purchase of my S on 12/31 and my vin was 03168. That meant they count it as sold as far as 4Q numbers go. Does that mean they got to 3000? No, but I can tell you they had a MAD rush at the end of the year to get it done and they must have been pretty close otherwise why bother pushing so hard.

They are still making cars so everything is fine :-)
Stock is still up >20% from when I bought it so they are still doing fine. I am an evil investor. Secretly I hope for low production numbers so the stock drops and I can buy more! Fate doesn't work that way for me so they will probably be higher than expected and the stock will go up. Still a win win.

Yeah, I think they went over 3200 easy. My car is VIN 3235 and it was loaded on a truck 12/31, and I think they will count that as delivered in 2012. I know there were some gaps between signature and regular models, but I also wasn't the highest VIN I have seen.

Look, their earnings are on Feb 11th. Tesla has publicly stated that they aren't going to release sales figures like other car companies. While they may say something before the 11th, I certainly wouldn't count on it. It certainly isn't "scary" that they haven't released figures that they said they weren't going to release.

They really can't release the data early under US securities law... because it has to be absolutely correct, validated, audited.... or people go to jail. Sarbanes Oxley act. We are going to have to be patient.

Yeah, be patient, have faith, and you will be happy when you get your car. Don't ask the unanswerable questions. People who know the answer for sure can NOT give you answers, don't you know that is security fraud and all kinds of bad things can happen to them?
Trying to make money on the stock is never a sure thing, especially short term, but I think long term will be good. You can pray, or talk all your friends into buying their own Tesla, that will raise the stock price! I am a stock holder, in addition to having my Tesla!

My inside sources (inside my head) tell me gross profit will be $600 million, and net about $85,254,922. Give or take.

@Brian,

Did you round correctly, because I came up with $85,254,923?

@Chuck -- John Peterson says you rounded up slightly.

John Peterson wanted to see $(85,254,921), but nope!

DT Shea & portia, "They really can't release the data early under US securities law... because it has to be absolutely correct, validated, audited.... or people go to jail. Sarbanes Oxley act. We are going to have to be patient."

This is incorrect. The only thing Sarbanes Oxley says is that they can disclose whatever they choose to disclose whenever they choose to do it as long as it is widely disseminated (and there are specific requirements in the law about what wide dissemination means - a press release does qualify). If they wanted to tell the market, they could, no auditors involved. Securities law and disclosure is an area where I have specific personal knowlege.

I have no personal knowlege about this, but I stand by my prediction that they came up short on reduced 4Q delivery expectations, and Flaninacupboard above is correct that the glitches and software issues identified above are a bigger problem for the upcoming earnings reporting process. The earnings call should be very interesting, and these boards are an excellent place for critics to identify specific quality issues to bring up... Elon will have some 'splainin to do...

Still looking forward to my 1/27 estimated delivery date...

Pungoteague, SOX also requires that signatories to material information- quarterly and annual reports- validate that to the best of their knowledge the information is true, correct, etc on pain of civil and criminal penalties (up to $5 Million/ 20 years!!!) if caught falsifying. Plus the inevitable shareholder lawsuits.

"As a result of SOX, top management must now individually certify the accuracy of financial information. In addition, penalties for fraudulent financial activity are much more severe. Also, SOX increased the independence of the outside auditors who review the accuracy of corporate financial statements, and increased the oversight role of boards of directors.[1]"

Corporate Responsibility

Title III consists of eight sections and mandates that senior executives take individual responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of corporate financial reports. It defines the interaction of external auditors and corporate audit committees, and specifies the responsibility of corporate officers for the accuracy and validity of corporate financial reports. It enumerates specific limits on the behaviors of corporate officers and describes specific forfeitures of benefits and civil penalties for non-compliance. For example, Section 302 requires that the company's "principal officers" (typically the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer) certify and approve the integrity of their company financial reports quarterly.[5]

Enhanced Financial Disclosures

Title IV consists of nine sections. It describes enhanced reporting requirements for financial transactions, including off-balance-sheet transactions, pro-forma figures and stock transactions of corporate officers. It requires internal controls for assuring the accuracy of financial reports and disclosures, and mandates both audits and reports on those controls. It also requires timely reporting of material changes in financial condition and specific enhanced reviews by the SEC or its agents of corporate reports.

Corporate and Criminal Fraud Accountability

Title VIII consists of seven sections and is also referred to as the "Corporate and Criminal Fraud Accountability Act of 2002". It describes specific criminal penalties for manipulation, destruction or alteration of financial records or other interference with investigations, while providing certain protections for whistle-blowers.

Corporate Fraud Accountability

Title XI consists of seven sections. Section 1101 recommends a name for this title as "Corporate Fraud Accountability Act of 2002". It identifies corporate fraud and records tampering as criminal offenses and joins those offenses to specific penalties. It also revises sentencing guidelines and strengthens their penalties. This enables the SEC to resort to temporarily freezing transactions or payments that have been deemed "large" or "unusual".

Sarbanes–Oxley Section 906: Criminal Penalties for CEO/CFO financial statement certification

§ 1350. Section 906 states: Failure of corporate officers to certify financial reports

(a) Certification of Periodic Financial Reports.— Each periodic report containing financial statements filed by an issuer with the Securities Exchange Commission pursuant to section 13(a) or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (15 U.S.C. 78m (a) or 78o (d)) shall be accompanied bySection 802(a) of the SOX a written statement by the chief executive officer and chief financial officer (or equivalent thereof) of the issuer.

(b) Content.— The statement required under subsection (a) shall certify that the periodic report containing the financial statements fully complies with the requirements of section 13(a) or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of [1] 1934 (15 U.S.C. 78m or 78o (d)) and that information contained in the periodic report fairly presents, in all material respects, the financial condition and results of operations of the issuer.

(c) Criminal Penalties.— Whoever— (1) certifies any statement as set forth in subsections (a) and (b) of this section knowing that the periodic report accompanying the statement does not comport with all the requirements set forth in this section shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both; or

(2) willfully certifies any statement as set forth in subsections (a) and (b) of this section knowing that the periodic report accompanying the statement does not comport with all the requirements set forth in this section shall be fined not more than $5,000,000, or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. [3]

So, Pungoteague, having quoted US Code to you, I don't think it is valid for you to take silence from TMC as evidence of a shortfall to market guidance.

Which isn't to say they DIDN'T fall short. But given the high number of shorts, etc, they have to make SURE they have correct data - or pay million dollar fines and spend 10-20 years in the federal pen.

I've actually been astounded how few issues have been raised. Usually you read boards like these and they make any product sound like total crap.

I'm pretty sure they'll record their 2500 cars "delivered" for Q4, where delivered means delivered to the third party shipping company. Looking at delivery dates for VINs makes it hard to believe they didn't hit their target.

I just wish they could put the Sunset Red in production faster than March.. Wonder how many orders are on hold for the new red?

X Deutschland Site Besuchen