Foren

ZUR TESLA-COMMUNITY
REGISTRIERENEinloggen

Model S Assault on Mt. Evans (Colorado) is set for June 8, 2013

Located in the front range West of Denver, Mt. Evans Scenic Byway is the highest paved road in North America begging to be assaulted by Tesla’s Model S owners. With the introduction of this awesome vehicle, I am organizing a Model S Road Rally for Saturday June 8, 2013 from Idaho Springs, CO (35 miles west of Denver) to the summit of Mt. Evans and back. The views along the highway are breathtaking, as is the elevation, which summits 14,256 feet above sea level. The spring flowers should be in bloom, as will be an abundance of wildlife, such as Mountain Goats and Bighorn Sheep.

We need to meet up around 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 8th, at the Clear Creek County Middle School parking lot toward the west end of Idaho Springs. This location is South of I-70 at Exit 240. Take the exit; turn South on Highway 103 toward Mt. Evans, and the Middle School driveway is a few hundred feet ahead on the right-hand side immediately past the Ranger Station and Visitor’s Center.

Please RSVP to Dennis Driscoll at dennis@wispertel.net (I just need to give the Park Service an estimate of the number of cars to anticipate)

Here is a flyer about the event with some pretty awesome photos, too.

http://www.esion.com/Files/Mt_Evans_Road_Rally.pdf

See you in June, Dennis

Oh, man, would I love to be a passenger on that ride! Unfortunately, CO is a bit beyond my radius. ;(

oh man, will the supercharger network be ready for me to drive over from Philly?

Fly out and hitch a ride with one of the drivers, provided you don't drool on the leather or wood. :)

@noel.smyth I hope so...after I do this run up Mt. Evans I plan to go Stone Harbor, NJ for the last week of June (maybe do the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way)

@KevinR -Thats awesome, good luck. I did see that Sheetz in PA is putting in level III chargers along the PA TPK. That may help you when you get to PA

http://batchgeo.com/map/fb5eb28a99105ec92a26bbcd7d4d1d14

Penciling this in. I've got a couple of extra weeks vacation this year Ive been wondering what to do with. This looks promising. Only question, is there anywhere in Kansas to charge?

Koa?

I'd be doing this run in a heartbeat if the Superchargers were already in place between Austin and Colorado. Please plan to do it again in the next year or two.

I'm in Douglas County and I am in!! Should have the car by then - MVPA complete 1-22-2013!!

Wow! Getting lots of interest. I have 9 RSVPs so far. Don't miss this rally - let's really get amped!

Do you allow "guests" in Roadsters??

Roadsters welcome, too. I should have simply called it a Tesla road rally, but in my excitement of owning the Model S I didn't think to be all inclusive for all Teslas. Thanks for asking and see you there.

I think this will be quit a photo op :o)

quite

What shall we call a collection or group of Model Ss? Silent Stampede?

I thought the collective noun for Teslas was a "Musk" of Teslas.

Nice!! I would be very happy if you could share photos and videos with us.

Bumping just to keep this announcement on page 1 for a few more days. Getting lots of interest, even from out of Colorado residents. TM should add more Superchargers in and near Colorado along I-70 and I-25 before this assault so more owners can make the event. This will be great pub for TM, too.

I should add that after the rally, everyone is invited to meet up at Beau Jo's Pizza in Idaho Springs. This is home to famous Colorado Sicilian-style Mountain Pies. Enjoy

http://www.google.com/search?q=beau+jo's+pizza+idaho+springs&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

And here's their home page:
http://www.beaujos.com/

^Thanks - I fumbled my attempt at a link.

Soon as I saw this post I thought road trip! Not sure if family is on board for trip from the Bay Area, even though we all love Colorado high mountain country! Take lots of pics

Kauai - you better come and take your own pictures, as you have a new and bigger family here :)

We all need to lobby TM to put up enough Super Chargers along the routes to Colorado so everyone can get here that wants to be part of history - the largest gathering (outside the factory) of Tesla vehicles. I think a group of Tesla cars is called a Musk.

FYI - if anyone is planning to join us June 8 and needs to know where there might be a place to grab some electrons, there is an RV park just a mile from the start area for the event. Plus, if anyone learns of additional charging options, please post the information and/or email me (dennis@wispertel.net) and I will compile a list of options for distribution before or at the event.

Idaho Spings RV Park: http://www.cottonwoodrvcolorado.com/

Has anyone estimated the Kw needed to drive from Idaho springs to The summit of Mt. Evans and back ??

I should have read the flyer first. It is only 57 miles round trip.

Still setting on 10 RSVP.

bump

I will be coming from St Louis, anyone else coming from the East side of the country?

If I have my car, I'm in. 2-21 MVPA for a 60kw.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen