Foren

ZUR TESLA-COMMUNITY
REGISTRIERENEinloggen

My 10,000th liter

I was doing some calculating for the fuel I have consumed in my 2000 Diesel Golf. I just realized that if my carefully tracked fuel economy of 5.2L/100km (roughly 45mpg I think) goes all the way back to the purchase date of my car then my fill-up on Feb 1st would have contained my 10,000th liter of diesel fuel. Unfortunately I only have good data going back to mid-2009.

10,000 liters would fill a cube measuring 2.155m (7.07 feet) per side. It has probably cost me about $10,000 over the years (possibly a bit more).

Now I just have to decide if I am happy or disgusted by the number. Either way I am looking forward to using electricity instead of diesel!

My garden and lawn thank you for the liberated CO2.

It remains the case that liquid hydrocarbons like diesel and gasoline are nearly miraculous in their energy density. At 45 mpg, you have nothing to be ashamed of; given the state of available technology, you've done vastly better than the majority of drivers.

Fortunately, technology marches onward, and we can now liberate ourselves from petroleum motor fuels while still enjoying a safe, fun, and capacious drive.

10,000 liters would fill a cube measuring 2.155m (7.07 feet) per side. It has probably cost me about $10,000 over the years (possibly a bit more). (cablechewer)

That's a surprisingly small cube for a surprisingly high price.

It remains the case that liquid hydrocarbons like diesel and gasoline are nearly miraculous in their energy density. (Robert.Boston)

I completely agree.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen