This is urgent, we already earned some mediocre press (Tesla prices Model S, makes navigation optional). I'm saying "we" because I am a reservation holder, share holder and a Tesla enthusiast.
Here are your top three priorities in the marketing department, and you better respond quickly. Quickly as in today:
- Signature reservation holders feel they do not get fair value for their money. This is particularly true for those who made their deposits before the IPO. It was as much venture capital as it was a reservation deposit, and you need to give those folks something tangible in return. They are our believers, our evangelists and our most potent customers. I am not one of them, but I agree with most of their arguments (see other threads). This needs to be addressed!
- You need to clarify pricing for the performance version. The way pricing is currently presented is not only ambiguous, it also conveys the impression that you are not being straight with your customers (see other threads). Bad impression and confusing to say the least. Should be easy to fix.
- You most urgently need to clarify, explicitly and officially on the "Options & Pricing" page which features do come standard. Seeing a "keyless entry" option leads people to believe that the base model needs to be opened with an old-school key. "Turn by turn navigation" options leads people to think that the base model cannot even show a map on its 17" screen. If you don't believe me, read the posts on this forum from the last two days. And I don't even mention the TMC forums.
Fellow forum readers, please do not post in this thread regarding the treatment of signature owners, or regarding the pricing of the performance version. These issues are excessively being discussed in multiple other threads.
In this thread, I want to create a list of things that are understood in a car in the class that the Model S is targeting. These features are so obvious, that Tesla does not care to mention them. Incertitude and false information, bad press entails. Here's my start:
- Standard keyless entry
- Standard map/routing application
- Cruise control
- Folding mirrors (automatic/power)
Please Login to Comment