Forums

Join The Community
RegisterLogin

X delivery delayed to 2014....

Per the mail website, X deliveries are now scheduled for 2014. Any mention of "Late 2013" is gone. Disappointed. And I was 30 days from putting down my deposit for the X Signature. My real push to do X Signature was for 2013 delivery. Sigh.... not sure it makes sense to pay an extra $35k for the same year as X Standard holders.

Well, the 2013 deliveries for the Model X were likely to be same kind of deliveries that the first deliveries were for the Model S (about ten cars), so that's not much of a loss.

I am sure the production will rise in a completely different manner with the X. After all, it is built on the model S platform. benstesla has a point, though, although the falcon doors are ruining this deal for me in the first place... I need my ski-box.

I am not that surprised. They were ~15 months from first delivery with not an Alpha model to be seen. My best guess is they need about one year from "beta" version to get the necessary testing, maunfacturing supply chain infrastructure and work out the kinks (regardless of the redundant platform, there will still be issues).

Our goal should be to track the release of the Alpha and Beta models and project from there. Right now "2014 delivery" covers about 12 months of guessing.

Will there be anything at the Oct. 2012 Orange County, CA Auto Show about the Model X?

No, there won't be

Darn! Thank you, Vawikus. Your prompt response it greatly appreciated and saves me going to the show to scour around trying to find it!

CyberTyger

Apparently Falcon wings, or SLT, are catching on there:

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/28/at-paris-motor-show-the-home-...

I like to see a Search box in the Forum section,
This will it easier to find common questions & answers.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen