Forums

Join The Community
RegisterLogin

BlackVue DR500 Question

I have a couple of quick questions for those that have one and feel like answering (considering the answer is likely already in a 100+ page thread, I completely understand if you don't!):

1. How do you get the correct time-stamp on the footage? I set the timezone, then reset the camera, but no bueno. I used the 10-second WiFi reformat, but it changed my time zone back to Europe afterwards. I just want the real time on the footage :(

2. Are there any functionality losses from using the custom 1.1.1aE?

I installed it (the cam, not the customer fw) last night without any issue other than the timestamp (largely in part due to the threads here and on TMC/DashCamTalk). A quick search didn't turn up anything other than the wifi reset, and bits and pieces from the 100-pager thread (fw functionality lost). I'd appreciate any insight if it's out there.

@ michael1800 | JULY 27, 2013: 1. How do you get the correct time-stamp on the footage? I set the timezone, then reset the camera, but no bueno.

It's been a long time since I had to do this. I did the 10 second hold of the WiFi while at a spot where there is GPS reception. You can also set the time zone by plugging the SD card into your computer and running the Blackvue software and selecting the appropriate time zone.

Due to the metalized windshield in the Model S, GPS reception is poor. You may need to hold the camera outside of the car to reset the timezone.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen