Purchased P85 on Sept 4th (Tampa, FL) location and received my car on Sept 24th. Short drive to Tampa from Orlando. Arrived at about 10am, signed some paper work and then headed to the car to go through everything. Very knowledgeable and informative staff, took about 1 hour 30 minutes to go through everything. Smooth process. I had been real nervous lately reading this forum. From delivery experiences to issues with the car.
Fast forward three days and here are my random thoughts on the car:
- AMAZING. The experience of driving this car is like no other car I have stepped foot into. Soo super smooth and quick, just an incredible driving experience. I will say to anyone who is on the fence about getting a P, definitely get it if you can afford it. There is a difference and trust me you will not regret it. I did get the P85 and not the P85+, just due to the fact that I am not a race around the corners kind of guy. But I did test my P85 out around some turns and was surprised at how well it responded. I am coming from a Jaguar XFR and my P85 is head and shoulders above it.
- PANO ROOF. Love this roof, makes the car feel so much bigger inside. Also, I don't know what people are talking about when they say it gets hot inside because of the Pano Roof because I am not finding that issue AT ALL (Florida).
- TECHNOLOGY. By far the most advanced car in terms of technology. Just too much to list, but everyday you learn something new about the features available due to the technology. With future software updates, it will only get better. I love having the iPhone app where I can monitor the battery, turn on the A/C, crack open the Pano roof, etc.
If I were to speak of things that I would like fixed or that are true from other posts:
- INTERIOR. Definitely not high end interior finishes, not to the standard of a Toyota Camry but I would say a notch below my Jaguar XFR. Definitely not complaining though as I knew the quality prior to buying. Just something Tesla should think about in the future advancements of the car. I would be okay paying a little extra for better finishes.
- BLIND SIDE/PARKING SENSORS. I wish the car had blind side sensors. I think with the parking sensors installed this should be something they can add on? Also, in the dash board when you are trying to turn, if someone is in the lane next to you, it should put like an X or something over the green turn signal that displays in the dash. The parking sensors would also work much better if they had lines on each side so you know exactly where the car is when backing up. I would say the parking sensors on the car are at an immature level right now but I think the technology is in place and it can be fixed relatively soon.
- FRUNK. Definitely should have the option to automatically close it, same way the trunk operates. I also knew about this prior to buying, not complaining.
- IPHONE MUSIC. When I scroll through to different songs on my iPhone, sometimes the scrolling option stops and I have to restart the iPhone music again, just a minor annoyance.
This is an early report considering its only been 3 days. I am sure problems will arise but as of right now, I could never see myself driving an ICE vehicle ever again. This car is a glance of what you will see as commonplace in 2040ish(?). It's so far ahead of what is currently on the road, and it will only get better. I can't wait to sit back and watch the improvements as they happen.
Please Login to Comment