Forums

Join The Community
RegisterLogin

Tesla just emailed me that the 101 Superchargers are now open!!!!!

Ready for the long w/e! Yahoooooooooo

pretty cool!

If you average about 5 per station that is about 20 supercharger stations...

still lot more to go...

Great news!! I hope a supercharger station comes online soon between LA and San Diego (rumored to be near San Juan Capistrano). I need to make make that roundtrip drive in a single day twice this month which will be tough to do via standard charging.

To clarify...the 101 as the the superchargers off the 101 freeway in LA? or 101 total chargers? If so, then I'll defer to justineet's calculations.

@JZ Please copy message contents and paste here I didn't get no derned email doohickey!

It's an HTML email so the formatting gets lost, but here's the body of it:

Highway 101 Superchargers
Now Open in California!
San Francisco

Los Angeles

Gilroy Atascadero Buellton
6950 El Camino Real
Atascadero, CA 93422
24 hrs/day • 8 Charging Stalls 555 McMurray Road
Buellton, CA 93427
24 hrs/day • 8 Charging Stalls
The planet’s fastest charging station is now just a road trip away! We are excited to announce the newest additions to the Supercharger network in Atascadero and Buellton. With Gilroy included, these supercharging stations allow customers to travel easily between San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles along Highway 101 for free, for life. Take the scenic route and enjoy some of the most beautiful landscapes in California.

Incredibly Fast, Always Free
Superchargers can recharge half the capacity of Model S in as little as 20 minutes and are strategically placed to allow owners the ability to drive from station to station while minimizing stops. Superchargers are conveniently located off major highways near cafes, shopping centers and travel plazas.
Tesla Motors | 3500 Deer Creek Road | Palo Alto, CA 94304

This is great. Thanks Tesla! Keep it up :)

Now, when anyone in a 60 does the Gilroy to Atascadero route (going both ways), please post results of range, hills, elevation, etc. I'm guessing I'll be fine but want to know how the 141miles is.

Thank you!

@dougarcher26,
If you MS 60 drivers are concerned, you can grab a few electrons at the 70 amp High Power Level 2 charger at the Rabobank in Salinas to add some safety margin.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen