Tm has this informaton, but I think it would be interesting to develop a snap shot of where Model S' are being sold and will call "home". I'll start:
P#4220 Coral Springs, FL
Thanks for your great link http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=295135
It's very interesting to see the distribution. I've added my reservation as well.
Robert, I eagerly added my reservation and then curiously clicked on that other flag in Berlin. Oops, myself! ;-) Thanks for already putting me in, but the flag has the wrong color. Should be purple.
In any case, very interesting project, even though it's questionable if the sample is representative.
Nice map and thank you for adding everyone. I noticed that of the two people in Scottsdale, AZ, mine (P3872) shows with some random address while the other one shows as just Scottsdale. Any way to change mine to be just Scottsdale, AZ too?
Nice job Robert!
If several people are listed in "Scottsdale AZ", then their markers all overlap exactly and cannot be seen as multiple entries. So...I shift markers slightly so that they will each be visible.
An unfortunate limitation of zeemaps.
Signature #442 St Louis, Mo
Sig # 417 - Dad's car
Gen # 5,640 - Mine
Both to reside in Eugene, OR
P1736 Vegas, baby!
Proud new waiting owner :)
Honolulu Hawaii, Ko Olina
If I could find way to get the $40k, I would buy the SIG in a hearbeat.
for now P#5,886
San Clemente, CA
So, David, how's life in Lost Wages these days?
My Reservation P #608
Vienna, Austria, Europa
Could you edit P1842 for me so it doesn't overlap in Cleveland? Just move it to Mentor OH where it truely belongs aanyway....
As a friendly reminder, reservation holders should post their whereabouts directly here: http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=295135
Currently, we have 222 individual purchases posted!
I assume you've already got me, unless there's another reservation holder in Cheney, WA.
Robert, a comparable project is going on here. Maybe you want to join forces rather than do the same work twice?
Argh, I wonder why Tom didn't flag this for me earlier. We'll talk.
Probably b/c he is focused on the Roadster forums and does not follow the Model S so closely.
That's also a "restricted" part of the site.
Headed for Fraser, MI
I’m tempted to move my reservation to a Sig however I’m currently on the fence. I wish I had a better understanding as to what the “extra” cost actually gets you. I don’t really need the 300 mile range (230 is sufficient) and even though Signature Red is gorgeous, I haven’t justified the expected extra cash. Hopefully they’ll trickle some more tid-bits in the near future to help me decide. I know time is running out to make a decision.
Yeah, except for the "Performance" package, I could get by with 230 easily. But since I DO want the Sport, I figured, might as well go for the Sig. You know, in for a penny...
You can always decide not to take the Sig once pricing is announced, even after the money for the Sig is sent. Once the list is full, though..
Tesla won't say where you'll end up on the list if you revert. And with a low number like 3408, Alan would want to be sure he wants a Sig before signing up. Unless he can get an answer from Tesla that he'd be able to get the same number if he reverted.
So the solution is to keep the P# and add an S# and cancel one when he decides! I wonder how many are already doing that ...
Many, I guess. That will make for quite a few drop-outs once final pricing is announced.
@Alan Askew - I also live in Michigan. I am Signature S249. I plan on getting the Sport version. If you'd like to go for a ride when I receive mine on July 1st :-) (I know, wishful thinking), send me a private message through www.teslamotorsclub.com
I never really thought about the fact that if I switch reservations I’d lose my original place in line. Hmmm… that changes thing’s for sure. The idea of reserving 2 is intriguing, only because they’re willing to refund the unused money. What I don’t like about that is holding a spot in line that someone else could have. There are a lot of curious buyers out there that are on the fence right now. Some of the individuals I know aren’t considering it because at this stage it would “appear” that you won’t get a vehicle until LATE 2012 if not 2013. That turns some off. I remember last April preaching to them how great it would be. Most laughed. Fast forward to the October event and EVERYONE is praising the car. Now they want to purchase one and cruise around next summer. Surprise, surprise… odds are against that happening.
@michiganmodels – That would be without a doubt one of the highlights of the summer for me. I’ll take note of this and contact you as it gets closer to the time of delivery. Having even a moment of “real world” exposure to the Model S will probably make the time go by a little easier.
@Alan:at this stage it would “appear” that you won’t get a vehicle until LATE 2012 if not 2013. That turns some off.
It's more than appearances; Tesla itself has made clear that 2012 production is sold out, unless you're getting a Sig. My bet would be that reserving today won't get you a car until April 2013 or later.
Is this a reason not to reserve? To the contrary; the sooner reserve, the sooner they deliver. It's a big time gap, but there's no guarantee that the gap will get smaller by waiting, while it is guaranteed that someone's delivery date will be later.
It's more than appearances; Tesla itself has made clear that 2012 production is sold out, unless you're getting a Sig. (Robert.Boston)
Robert, neither us nor Tesla can possibly know how many drop-outs there will be when the time comes to close the deal. Surprises are possible both way, but if we assume that a considerable number of reservation holders reserved a Sig and a P, those are guaranteed to drop out the moment they finally decide for either one. That's what Alan refers to by "the Model S *appears* to be sold out".
I remember last April preaching to them how great it would be. Most laughed. Fast forward to the October event and EVERYONE is praising the car. Now they want to purchase one and cruise around next summer. Surprise, surprise… odds are against that happening. (Alan Askew)
Alan, I have no compassion with your hesitating friends. Everybody forges his own destiny. Having that said, I completely agree with Robert: If someone thinks he's late to the game, he should reserve today rather than tomorrow. If he doesn't, well then, no compassion from me...
X Deutschland Site Besuchen