Privacy Statement – Summary
This summary provides the key concepts of the full Tesla Privacy Statement and applies to Tesla’s interactions with customers and potential customers, its websites, and its vehicles and other products. If you have questions, please refer to the full text version of the Tesla Privacy Statement at: Tesla Privacy Statement.
- Tesla collects information from Tesla vehicles and products, from websites, networks and other sites, from customers and potential customers, from Tesla affiliates and business partners, and from third parties that are required to maintain confidentiality.
- We track your vehicle’s condition and performance through data collection and remote connectivity. We do not store data about location or personal settings in vehicles.
- Tesla does not share, sell, or rent Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties for their own use (i.e., for purposes unrelated to products and services of Tesla and its affiliates) without your consent, except for Legal Disclosures as described in the Privacy Statement.
- Tesla uses information to provide services to our customers, to comply with legal requirements, to complete sales, to monitor and improve our website, services, vehicles and other products, for internal business purposes, and for other purposes as disclosed to you.
- We share information with subsidiaries, affiliates, and other entities controlled by Tesla.
- We occasionally provide information to other companies who work on our behalf to help provide our services.
- We may disclose information as required by law.
- We may transfer information between the United States and other countries, and maintain and process information in any country in which Tesla operates.
- You can choose not to share information with us in person, by telephone or online.
- You can withdraw consent to use of your information for purposes not disclosed to you.
- You can withdraw consent to disclosure of your information to unaffiliated third parties.
- You can withdraw consent to remote collection of vehicle data.
- You can contact us via email at privacy@TeslaMotors.com or via mail at Tesla Motors, Inc., Attn: Legal – Privacy Office, 3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, California 94304, United States.