Forums

Join The Community
RegisterLogin

Happy 2012, the year of the Tesla Model S

Happy 2012 to all Teslats! What awards and when do you expect for the Model S?

Motor Trend car of the year? Etc.

Easily all of the green car awards and I can see car of the year awards as well. It will be an exciting year for Tesla.

I expect 2012 will be remembered as the year everything changed, when electric cars first made sense.

That's why I'm known here as Teoatawki, the end of ALL THINGS AS WE KNOW IT!

But you can call me Teo.

Thats cool Teo.

Car of the year for sure.

@William - actually I prefer the terms "Teslads" & "Teslassies".

Remember, you saw it here first!

Definitely, Motor Trend Car of the Year.
Oh selfish me, I can't wait to toss the key to the valet and whisper "Keep it Close", as if he wasn't going to do that anyway!

It'll be a year or more before I let a valet touch the keys.

@brianman
That's why we have valet mode.

Teoatawki,

That should be your license plate!
You'd probably get tired of explaining it though!

I'd probably do it if I could get 9 characters.

I'd either get a personalized license plate holder or a bumper sticker to explain it.

@Teao
Until at least the first year mark, only blood relatives will be in the driver seat.

My expectation is a little different. One restaurant we visit is 100% valet parking. I'm not going to park on a crowded street and walk to the restaurant.

Also, I feel some responsibility as an early owner of the best EV, to be an ambassador for Tesla and EVs, which means I will be letting some civilians behind the wheel. I expect to be in the copilot seat whenever it happens, though.

I, too, will be allowing some folks to take it for a spin.... but NEVER without me in the passenger seat.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen