Our reservation is for red multi-coat, and originally paint armor seemed like a good idea. But after hearing some discussion on the forums, here's the thinking:
1) I've never had paint armor - it sounds as if, the way Tesla does it (not covering the whole hood), it might actually detract from the looks of the car at the outset. Of course, no one knows how it will look with the red, but some with darker colors have commented on this.
2) Adding to that is the tendency some have remarked on for gunk to gather under the seams.
3) It sounds like paint armor changes how the underlying paint looks, and that could be noticeable, comparing to the areas where there is no armor.
4) Yeah, I will be spending almost three times what I have ever spent on a car, or am ever likely to spend again, unless it's another Tesla. But still, in the end, it's a car. Over its life, it will get dinged up. I'm not the kind of person who gets bent out of shape about that. It's just life.
5) In summary, it feels like it may somewhat decrease the attractiveness of the car at the outset, in order to better protect it for the long haul. The $1000 price for that doesn't seem worth it.
Thoughts? I figure it's not too late to change my configuration... red and all.
Please Login to Comment