Hi all - I just test drove a Tesla and am seriously thinking about buying one, but I have some questions/thoughts that I've gotten inconsistent (or non existent) answers on.
1) Is there a features poll site being planned similar to Sonos ideas hub on their site? It would be great to have that type of social community beyond this forum.
1b) Is there any published roadmap of features and/or what's being officially considered? I recognize nothing can be promised, but would still be great to know what's in the pipe.
2) Are the nav maps stored on disk in the car? I'm told they're over 3g and that's why they're so slow....but then it's not clear what happens when out of 3G range and/or offline. And if they are stored locally, what is the process to update them and why are current versions so slow?
3) Is there a feature planned to store places for quick lookup?
4) When the right thumbwheel is on "all" and you drill in to a category, it would be nice if there was a defined "back button".....I haven't fully thought it through, but while I know it disappears after ~2s, there's something satisfying about saying "I'm done". Right now it takes a double tap of the bottom right button to dismiss.
5) Was there any thought to making phone just another option in the all list, vs. making it a top level nav?
6) Will Tesla guarantee that a new software update will never lock out screen functions while the car is moving? And/or that there will always be an option to disable that?
7) When closing the frunk, why does it always take a second "press" to fully get it closed?
8) Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked at inductive chargers (i.e. you drive over them in your garage and the car starts charging)? I realize right now power transfer isn't there, but I'd be curious how far away the tech is. Of course unofficially.
9) Is anyone else annoyed by the placement of the blinker vs. cruise control?
10) For voice commands, it would be nice to have a quick reference of what can be said. For example, when holding down the voice button, would be great for a future software update to pop a list of possible commands either in the HUD or on the screen.
11) Will the car read txt messages back that arrive and/or display them on the screen?
12) If I plug in a USB stick with mp3s, can I make playlists out of the mp3s? I couldn't figure out the UI in the car to do that. Can I use voice to play these mp3s?
Thanks much. Apologies if some of these have already been asked.....links are fine for follow up.
Please Login to Comment