Latest Update:5 Apr 2014
When my delivery time came in January 2013 I thought I'd pull together a delivery check list. I've been updating it since then, and its now a 20 page buyers', delivery and owners' guide. I present it here as Google Doc for your enjoyment:
It includes the list of things to check (optional things that you've ordered, plus delivery problems that others have reported), and a list of things to learn about during the delivery (mainly based on @Soflauthor's list), plus a list of other useful references including the official Tesla Motors walkthrough video.
The document contains the following sections:
- Before You Buy
- Your Delivery Date Can Change - Be Warned
- Before you take delivery, get the charging solution installed
- What about insurance?
- The big day!!!
- Make sure all the bits and pieces work properly
- Delivery Questions
- What happens if I find something wrong (hopefully not!)
- Things you might not realize about your car
- How far can I really drive?
- Long Distance Driving and Charging on the Go
- User serviceable items
- Customizing/Other things to do
- Other Interesting Links
- And when accidents happen...
- For anyone interested in the engineering and patents behind the batteries...
If you want to add anything to it, please add a comment below and I'll update the doc within 24 hours.
April 2014 NEWS: See this thread for exciting info about the checklist and delivery guide
Please Login to Comment