Forums

Join The Community
RegisterLogin

Design Studio is showing the base prices with the $7500 tax credit already taken out again

Every other time I design or look at the design in "My Garage" the price vacillates back and forth including the tax credit and excluding the tax credit. Also it has been said that the tax credit may end after 2012 when they started showing the base price as $57,400. Also a note added to the total that price does not include Tesla Personal Delivery, final inspection, prep and coordination fee, taxes, title and license fees, regionally required equipment, services and charges. Now it's $49,900 again does this mean that the tax credit has been extended or just trying to make it look more enticing to people?

Yeah I noticed this yesterday too. Maybe they're just trying to make it gel with they're marketing of "starting at $50k".

Also, it used to show the price of the car you designed on your My Tesla page, but now you have to click the 'Design' button to see the price again.

Tax credit should be in place for 1st 200,000 units per manufacturer. This will take several years to achieve for all companies, including Tesla.

Also, it used to show the price of the car you designed on your My Tesla page, but now you have to click the 'Design' button to see the price again.

Glad to see that, now I can use the page to show "my car" w/o having to show how much I'll be paying for it. Let them remember my config and go create one if they are that nosy.

@Beaker
lol

@Supergreekster

The talk of the tax credit going away in 2013 is not that it will expire. You're right, that's not the way the law is written now. The concern is that some legislators had talked about ending the program (repealo rmodify the law) at the start of the next year to save tax revenues/give tax breaks elsewhere/etc.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen