Forums

Join The Community
RegisterLogin

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tire

Has anybody already experience with this tire in 245/35R21 dimension?

My Continental DW are gone at 16,000 miles and I intend to install above tire @ $185.00 each with free shipping from DiscountTireDirect.com.

Michael,

I can not say I have had experience with the tire size you are asking about, however, prior to my Model-S, I owned a Cadillac CTS-V, and I had 255/40-19, 285/35-19 Hankook Ventus V12 EVO tires. I replaced Michelin Pilot Sport PS-2s with them. In my opinion, the Hankooks were an excellent tire. They were quite, had excellent dry/wet handling characteristics, and lasted better than the Michelins. I think the Michelins had a bit better traction, but I only got 14,000 miles out of them, and the Hankooks gave me around 30,000. They were also less than 1/2 the price. Check out www.tirerack.com, as they do great studies on the tires and do track comparisons of all major tire brands for their performance

I'm about to order a set of the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K120's at Pacific Tire Outlet in Milipitas for $202 each.

Michael, did you end up installing the Hankooks on your car, and what is your experience? Besides the handling, what's the wear on them, and how is the noise?

I got almost 19,000 miles on my initial Continentals.

Yes, I installed the Hankook Ventus V12 K110 on 10/4/2013 at 15,540 miles. Today I have 26,500 miles and the tires still look very good with lots of thread left. I rotated them at 22,200 miles.

My next tires will be the next generation of Hankook Ventus, called Evo2 K120. Its thread wear is better than the current first generation.

In May of 2014 I found the best price at Sears for less than $800 installed, but this might have changed already.

And the noise level is the same as with the Contis before.

I too put the Hankook's on my CTS-V Coupe. They were a MUCH better tire than the original equipment tire.

Michael Emrich
the Hankook Ventus V12 K110
.. still look very good with lots of thread left.

If you can see thread, you're in trouble. The tread must be gone!!

Thank you all for the quick replies!

I got the Nankook Ventus Evo2 K120's installed at Pacific Tire Outlet in Milipitas yesterday, for $202 per tire + installation.

First Impression: They are SUPER QUIET compared to the Continentals!
Both me and my passenger were really surprised how big of a difference it was.

IMPORTANT for Tesla Owners:

The Hankook Ventus is NOT directional - this means you can "flip" the tires when they get rotated -- this basically flips the 'outside' and the 'inside' part of the tires - which is important for Tesla owners, because most of the wear is on the inside.

This means that not only the Hankook Ventus is significantly cheaper than the original Continental or Michelin tires, but it will basically last you almost twice as long, as you can wear-down both sides of the tires.

I just bought the V12 evo K110 for a whooping $140/tire at Tirerack today! Picking em up tomorrow. They still have 245/45/19's if anyone is interested.

I did not mention in my comment that my tire price is for 21" tires.

You could also probably run 275/30/21s in the back if you want to maintain a P85+ stagger--$254/tire. Diameter is actually closer than stock.

@Tilo
These tires are definitely directional.

Be happy about your prices, Conti tyres for the MS are $450 each! But then our cars are $150,000 for a decent spec P85 - Tesla must be loving the UK right now!

We love Tesla so at least it's mutual!

I am also looking for the replacement tire of the Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 which came with my MS but are not very good tires. A friend of mine purchased a set of Hankook Ventus V2 and he was very happy with them which prompts me look into the Hankook tires. I used Michelin most of my life and is a little reluctant to switch. However, the Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 (Ultra High Performance All Seasons) has good reviews on Tire Rack and wonder if anyone uses this tire before and can provide some feedback?

X Deutschland Site Besuchen