Forums

Join The Community
RegisterLogin

Looking For Charging Locations In FRESNO Next Week 4/10 & 4/11

I will be in Fresno next Wednesday and Thursday and will need to charge my Model S. Any recommendations on Hotels or locations that offer charging?

Any Owners willing to share their charger?

Thanks,

Jose 714-391-4844

Don't see any nearby hotels that list chargers, but if you call a few and find one, please report back! I'd love to add it to my growing list of overnight EV charger locations at http://dcubed.com/evmap/

This private residence may work, give the guy a call.
http://www.recargo.com/sites/3139

Good luck!

I have to be in Fresno on the 10th as well but decided not to take the Model S since its a one day trip. I hope you find chargig options though.

Jose

The central valley is very limited, thats why I had a 40amp installed a my moms for when I came up to visit. The only ones that are available for public use are at the Nissan dealers for the leafs and they may let you use. There is at least one in Frenso on Blackstone.

There is a public J1772 at:

San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District - Fresno, CA
1990 E. Gettysburg Avenue
Fresno,CA 93726

We live about 70 miles away in Mariposa and haven't used it, but a friend with a volt has. It is probably not ideally located for you, but perhaps better than nothing.

I have checked with various Nissan dealers on the 99 corridor and it is a mixed bag. Some welcome Teslas, some don't. Haven't checked to Nissan dealers in Fresno or the Chevy dealer as I can get to Fresno for shopping and back home on a standard charge no problem.

If you want to drive to Mariposa, perhaps on the way to Yosemite, i can offer the charger in my garage. It is a 14-50 so no miracle fast charging here either.

GLO - Where are you driving in from?

biwamura - Thanks for the tip on the Nissan Dealer!

shs - Thanks for the tip on the SJVAPCD and for offering your charger. Any idea what a J1772 charges per hour? It may work and keep me from driving to the Harris Ranch Super Charger.

I may take you up on your offer on a future trip if I decide to go to Yosemite!

Best Regards To ALL!

CoSta MeSa

I believe that the J1772 at the SJVAPCD is 30 Amp, so the charging rate will be a bit less than you likely get at home, I would guess about 20 mph.

Hope to see you on your way to Yosemite sometime. Our MS has been in the Park twice during the last week. It is a fun drive to a beautiful place.

Some J1772 is capable of 50+, but don't count on it.

I was in Fresno today and stopped by the SJVAPCD. As you pull into the parking area there is a EV sign with an arrow pointing to the right. The two stations are just beyond that sign. It is a 30 Amp Clipper Creek J1772 charger. I had 175 miles of rated range and plugged in briefly and got an 18 mph charging rate and added one whole mile while was there. The other thing worth noting is that the hours of operation are 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen