There was no fire at Fremont
There was a failure in a low pressure aluminum casting press. Three employees were injured by hot metal from that press. We are making sure that they receive the best possible care.
Quote from SJ Mercury News:
"We had an equipment failure with an aluminum casting machine, which spilled hot metal on three people," Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk said in an e-mail. "Two (workers' injuries) sound relatively minor, one more serious. (I) am going to visit them in the hospital later today and will personally ensure that they receive the best possible care."
Dead video link.
I wonder if it was one of the giant schueller presses that failed, or one of the smaller ones.
Casting machine...not a stamping press.
X Deutschland Site Besuchen