Forums

Join The Community
RegisterLogin

Tesla Conferences 2014

Last year there was only the one TESLIVE event, which was a lot of fun and well worthwhile. Looks like we’ll have a number of conferences this year and next to pick from. Not all the details are in yet, but here’s what I’ve found out so far:

RUSH X April 3-4, 2015 at Long Beach, CA (17 miles from Hawthorne Superchargers) – From the producers of TESLIVE in 2013. http://rushx.org/

ELEVEN September 13-14, 2014 at Northbrook, IL (7 miles from Highland Park Superchargers)- Offering the Regional Conference and Expo at the Marriot Renaissance Convention Center. http://www.e-11.org/

TMC Connect July 18-20, 2014 at Monterey, CA (Now done) – Symposium by TMC at the Hyatt Regency. TESLIVE was a TMC event for TMC membership last year. https://www.teslamotorsclub.com/connect/

Just signed up for TMC Connect, should be fun/interesting. Unfortunately my wife won't allow me to track NKYTA at REFUEL. :-(

But, thinking about how long it's been since I was on that track, she is probably using the wise-side of her brain. ;-)

Just a clarification (for those who like history) -- TESLIVE 2013 was pitched to Tesla as a TMC Event, based on the large fan base, etc. (not just promoted by TMC).

TMC didn't "help" to promote it, it was sold out to TMC membership solely on the TMC website, three of the five steering committee members were TMC representatives, etc.

I'm pretty sure of this because I was there for all of the above. :)

@bonnie1194 - Thanks for the additional background. I've updated the post. Are you the "Bonnie N." that created TESLIVE? Are you running the new TMC Connect too?

TESLIVE was quite a fun event. More to do and see than there was time for!

I was one of the very busy team behind TESLIVE, yes. And I'm also on the TMC Connect team, too. Hope to see you there!

Hello Bonnie. Welcome back again to the old neighborhood.

As always, your warmth, grace and humbleness radiates right though the screen. Thank you for all your generous and selfless contributions to the entire Tesla community. Please thank the rest of the team for us too.

Please come visit more often!

Awww, thanks. I lurk over here. :) It's just really hard to keep up with two forums. But my day job is ending (this is a positive) and I hope to be able to show up more as time goes on.

You just made my day!

"this is a positive" - good for you! I'm envious. :-)

TeslaTap - Thanks for posting, I didn't know about the Teslatime conference. My understanding is people who were in involved with Teslive are now involved with RushX and TMC Connect, not sure about Teslatime. They should all be great, I am likely going to both conferences in California. Might even have cattlepup in tow.

www.teslamodels.wordpress.com

I can only do one, so which one: Rush X or TMC Connect?

All look good. My guess is location is the #1 reason to pick one over another (unless you go to all three, which I may do). Price may be an issue to some, but other than TMC Connect, pricing hasn't been announced yet.

@AR, if you haven't been to Monterey, it is worth a visit. In July the water is nice for a kayak out to watch the sea otters goofing around. 17 Mile drive if you like great views of the ocean or really cool ... right, really cool houses! ;-)

Well, mansions mostly.

Just to clarify Bonnie's history, Teslive was pitched to TMC and Tesla by the producers who are bringing you Rush X this year. Rush X is being produced by a professional team all of whom are Tesla owners. I am glad to see there are multiple events for everyone to attend, but if you want to attend the premiere event of 2014 Rush X will be it!

Does anyone know if Elon or Jerome are expected to be speaking at any of these?

@DrComputer -- Not to get into a detailed breakdown, I set up the meeting with Tesla, was there at Tesla during the pitch with one of the producers you are referring to (not 'producers'), the two of us pitched it as a TMC event, and I have the original presentation that was made to Tesla. It was pitched as a TMC event.

That's why the registration form last year captured things like 'TMC Login Name' and stuff like that. I'm not sure why history is being rewritten now, but the presentations and emails are pretty factual.

And I'm sure ALL of the events here will be fantastic! I'm not here to promote one over the other. I just wanted to make sure that we didn't rewrite history.

I bite my tongue.

and it bled a dark green bile? See a dr. soon...

To non-in-itiates, TMC can mean Tesla Motors Corporation or Tesla Motors Club. It would need to be spelled out.

@BrianH, there is no such entity as "Tesla Motors Corporation." It's "Tesla Motors, Inc." TMC = Tesla Motors Club (or potentially Toyota Motors Corporation, but clearly not in this context).

As Bonnie indicated, TESLIVE 2013 was the first conference to bring the TMC forums live, connecting members directly, with direct involvement from Tesla Motors. The TMC moderators moderated all the sessions, continuing the extensive discussions we have on line. TMC Connect 2014 will continue this format.

While the RushX organizer is the same as the TESLIVE organizer, that is akin to noting that UPS brought me both my LLBean duck boots and my Bally's loafers from Zappo. Same delivery team, but different product.

@Robert.Boston, I don't agree with that analogy, because both the Creative Director and Content Director for TESLIVE are actually the same for RUSH X. TESLIVE was a partnership that involved TMC, but as I recall almost half of the people at TESLIVE were not TMC members. Let's not be negative about these events. Let's celebrate that this is growing community with room for everyone.

Here! Here! CELEBRATE!!!!!!

My only surprise is neither of the California conferences elected to have the conference near the Fremont factory. Not sure if Tesla would have done as much as they did for the Fremont based TESLIVE event. It might have made it possible for the factory tour again. I also suspect the highest worldwide concentration of cars is here in the Bay Area (with Los Angeles second).

Still, perhaps it opens it up to others that would not be able to make the trip to Fremont. Should be fun in any case!

I second TeslaTap. While Monterey sounds good but a Fremont/bay area event would have increased the participation by ten fold. Plus imagine all the people heading to Monterey stopping at Gilroy Super Charger.

Oooooo. A Tesla Trekkie group grope. Break out the orgasmatron.

TeslaTap.com

Thank you for listing our conference. We will have the details ready soon with registration opening in April end/May beginning. Please see below for updated details.

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/tesla-time-midwest-regional-conf...
www.teslatime.org
https://twitter.com/TeslaOwners_com

We are happy that there will be many conferences this year to serve different geographic regions. More power to Tesla community. All the best to respective organizers.

TeslaTime changed to "Eleven". The program was reorganized to allow people to drive in on Saturday. Event will be 2 day event, Saturday afternoon and Sunday allday. Location also changed to Northbrook, for easy access to supercharger. New location only 5 miles from Highland Park Supercharger. More details coming soon.

Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Address: 933 Skokie Blvd, Northbrook, IL 60062

www.e-11.org

11 – Agenda

We are very pleased to announce few preliminary details about “11”. Registration to open very soon.
www.e-11.org

Program Details:

Saturday, September 13 2014
(1) 2:00 pm : Hotel Check-In
(2) 2:00 pm : Registration and Badge Pick-up
(3) 2:00 pm : Product Expo
(4) 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm : Drive Event
(5) 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm : Speaker Session
(6) 6:00 pm 7:00 pm : Speaker Session
(7) 8:00 pm : Dinner

Sunday, September 14 2014
(1) 7:00 am to 8:30 am : Breakfast
(2) 9:00 am to 10:00 am : Speaker Session
(3) 10:00 am to 11:00 am : Speaker Session
(4) 11:00 am to 1:00 pm: Parking Lot Fun
(5) 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm : Lunch Break
(6) 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm : Speaker Session
(7) 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm : Speaker Session
(8) 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm : Closing Remarks

I just checked the Rush X website. It lists a spring 2015 date. Has the August 2014 event canceled/postponed?

jmatson - Yes, the inaugural RushX is now next spring, April 3-4.

Details here:

http://rushx.org/

Looking forward to seeing many good folks at TMC Connect.

www.teslamodels.wordpress.com

X Deutschland Site Besuchen