I am writing this in response to some of the people who have posted that due to the price increase on optional extras are seriously reconsidering their order of a Model S, or have decided to cancel their order already.
I understand completely that when someone is spending a huge amount of money on their new pride and joy that they want it to be as perfect as can be.
However, when one says that due to price increases on optional extras they really want they would consider not purchasing a Model S or cancelling an order, sounds like the whinging of a spoilt child.
There are those on this forum I can guess that purchasing the Model S is not really stretching the bank account, but if they are unwilling to pay more for extras that they want than maybe they should ask themselves if all the bells and whistles are what they need.
If you really want a Model S you can still purchase one at the same price as before the increases for extras came into affect. You will still be able to drive a car unlike anything the world has ever seen. Without the extras the MS will still get you from A to B without the need for expensive gasoline.
If purchasing an MS is stretching the budget and putting you in financial difficulty then maybe you should reconsider and wait for the Model X or Gen 3.
Also, if you have to pay more for extras initially are you forgetting the money you will save over the life of the MS?
1. No more paying for gasoline
2. Lower maintenance costs
3. Free charging with the supercharger network
Before you complain about paying more for extras that you may not necessarily need please consider the following...
1. Be thankful that you are fortunate enough to even consider purchasing a car that costs around $80,000, let alone a Model S. I understand that there are many people out there that have worked hard for their money, however there are probably thousands of people (like myself) that would love to own a Model S but probably never will (I hope to own a Gen 3).
2. Be thankful that you live in the United States and that you already have access to the Model S, and in a couple of years be able to drive around your entire country for FREE, using the superchargers.
3. At a guess the Model S (and every other Tesla model for that matter) will be more expensive in every other country around the world.
I live in Australia, and when the Model S finally arrives on our shores (still no word on when that is yet) the base model 85 will probably be around $120,000 AUD.
4. Also, every day around the world millions of people park successfully, without the "need" for parking sensors!
If you really "want" a Model S, buy one without complaining. If Tesla really "needs" to increase prices on extras to be successful in order for me, and hopefully millions of other folk around the world to drive the Gen 3 and make the transition to electric mobility, then so be it!
Please Login to Comment