Forums

Join The Community
RegisterLogin

WSJ Article: Model S vs. Porsche. 3-27-12

FYI.I enjoyed this article which is a fine positive piece on TM and the “S.”

One of the high points is a few well chosen words from our own Larry Channin. Good job Larry, aren’t you sorry you didn’t pony up $35K more for a Sig? Just kidding, although the anticipation is killing me (us)!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405270230340470457730763005186994...

I don't know how many times I can keep replying to the same bogus comments. I know the comments are more effective when you reply positively because you are really speaking to the people reading the response and not the original person that was posting incorrect information, but sometimes being nice is just so hard when they clearly have such ill intent. I read through the second guys previous comments before replying and it seemed like half of them were along the lines of 'climate change is crap'.

You did good. We have plenty of questions right here from those who have already put down $5000. Imagine how much crap would come from the rest of the world. All they have to do is read these topics to get WAY more info than they want, but they don't.

The backlog of reservations will keep Tesla busy well into 2013. When they see real cars on the road in July and August, they'll be able to get in line or get interested in Bluestar.

In the meantime, maybe they'll increase the number of shares shorted so the short squeeze will be more dramatic. I'd like to see that.

One of the high points is a few well chosen words from our own Larry Channin. Good job Larry, aren’t you sorry you didn’t pony up $35K more for a Sig? Just kidding, although the anticipation is killing me (us)! - petero

Thanks. Just before the Signatures sold out I asked my wife if she thought getting the Signature Red color (that she loves) was worth the $3,500 premium. She didn't so I stayed with my General Production reservation. Since then I did have a change of heart and I asked my store manager to put me on the Signature waiting list. I know that the chances of getting an opportunity to buy a Signature is almost nill, but at least I don't have to cough up the $35,000 until a slot opens up.

Larry

Stephen

Very intelligent responses to blatantly false misinformation.

Larry

Thanks, Larry. It was also nice that a Roadster owner stepped in with a real world answer. I look forward to the day I can do that myself!

For Stephen and others, I have a suggestion.

1. Make an FAQ on the TMC forum.
2. Have a mod find "the right place" to sticky it.
3. See if there's a way that a handful of people can control the content of the thread (FAQ moderators).

Every time you feel the urge to reply to the questions asked in these comments, make sure one of the posts in the FAQ addresses it. If there isn't one, add one. In reply to the comment, link to the post with a polite nudge.

It'll save you time and provide a nice way to build the FAQ relatively quickly.

And sub-title it "Foolishly Asked Questions", or maybe "Fools Asking Questions".
;)

@Larry,

I'm in the same boat with ya. I HATE waiting, but where I come from, $40k isn't pocket change.

@Larry,

I'm in the same boat with ya. I HATE waiting, but where I come from, $40k isn't pocket change.- TikiMan

That's very true. Ironically, I've never been a "car guy" before, I've never owned a luxury car and I've never paid more than $15,000 for a car.

However, Tesla has captured my imagination. If you knew me, you would appreciate the fact that the Model S clearly fits my personality and my sense of what is important. I plan on being not just a guy that drives an expensive car, but one who advocates for the adoption of electric vehicles in general.

Lastly, I'm not getting any younger so what the heck, if I can't get a Signature, I mind as well load the car up to be close to a Signature. After all you can't take it with you.;-)

Larry

Larry Chanin

Couldn’t say it better. I have never spent more than $35K for a new car (have spent more for vintage cars + restoration). What you said was spot on and I will bet there are quite a few of us that reaching up for an “S.”

I would never spend $75K +- for a new BMW, MB, Audi, Porsche, etc. but I find the “S” irresistible for all the reasons you mentioned. Can’t wait.

Tikiman. “…but where I come from, $40k isn't pocket change.

What is wrong with Southern CA, isn’t that where WE are from? Just kidding, I too only put down $5K. My wife thinks I am an idiot, she said less talk and more walk.” Meaning, stop talking about that car and hurry up and get it.”

Larry +1 !

Larry +1

"You can't get to Heaven on roller skates,..."

X Deutschland Site Besuchen