Forums

JOIGNEZ-VOUS À LA COMMUNAUTÉ
INSCRIVEZ-VOUSIdentifiant

Can I leave the mobile charger cable connected and hanging from my 240/50 socket in the garage all the time?

I don't want to carry the mobile charge cable with me for my daily runs to work and back.... Can I leave it plugged into the wall socket 24 hrs a day ??? Does it draw some power? Is it bad for the charge cable?

I don't know if it's bad for the cable, but it will definitely waste some electricity.

I always left it plugged in until I got my HPWC installed. I think it uses milliwatts of power so it is approximately zero.

The plug seems nice and solid (both 14-50 and 6-50) so I don't think it is adding any strain to the plug or outlet. Probably better for it not to be inserted and removed all the time.

My electrician installed a small breaker next to the NEMA 14-50 outlet. When I unplug from the car, I also turn off the breaker, stopping any small amount of electricity going into light the mobile connector. I think it is slightly better to leave the mobile connector plugged in and only remove it when going on trips.

I leave mine plugged in all the time. There was another thread on this. Per @gimp_dad the draw by the UMC is virtually zero - a few mW to power the LED.

Great. Thanks all..

According to Tesla tech, it is OK to leave the charge cable plugged in. It is better than putting strain on the plug and the outlet.

I did until I got my hpwc installed

Leave it plugged in. It's drawing nearly nothing except for the 'night light' LED. Removing it will eventually break the pins on the connector, they aren't made for constant use.

I leave mine in all the time, and I can't measure the current drawn on it with my TED5000 (and I was able to detect 100mA on other circuits).

X Deutschland Site Besuchen