Forums

JOIGNEZ-VOUS À LA COMMUNAUTÉ
INSCRIVEZ-VOUSIdentifiant

HOV Sticker and AB266

ONE of the reasons I want a Model S if for that beautiful white sticker which is set to expire Jan 2015. That's a little over 1 year away. AB266 is supposed to extend that to 2020 but there is a lot more opposition to it now than ever before (especially from Orange County). It has to do with laws about minimum average speed in an HOV lane being 45mph or more or else a county can lose federal funding. HOV lanes are getting more and more full and there is worry extending the expiration will contribute to the loss of federal funds.

If AB266 does not pass, then it does take one check mark out of the "pro" column for me. And it was a big check mark. So I am patiently waiting for this thing to pass before I place my deposit. But I'm getting antsy!

Does anyone have any non-speculative information about how AB266 is doing right now and when we will finally have an answer if it will pass or not?? (the last I saw on the subject on this forum is from April so am hoping for new info).

The Carpool sticker was a bonus for me as well when I purchased my vehicle as well. BUT after having the MS for a couple of months now, I can careless about the sticker because this vehicle itself is incredible and that check mark with the carpool sticker has disappeared off my stat sheet. And I spend hours on our southern cali highways daily.

I much rather be stuck in our horrible traffic in a MS than any other vehicle out there!

Good Luck

http://www.cahighways.org/links-legislation.html

AB 266 (Blumenfield) Vehicles: high-occupancy vehicle lanes.

05/20/13 In Senate. Read first time. To Com. on RLS. for assignment.

Please keep this link handy. Don't lose it!

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=2013...

House Location: Senate
Last Amended Date: 07/10/13
Committee Location: Sen Appropriations
Committee Hearing Date: 08/12/13

Last 5 History Actions

07/10/13 Read second time and amended. Re-referred to Com. on APPR.

07/09/13 From committee: Do pass as amended and re-refer to Com. on APPR. (Ayes 11. Noes 0.) (July 2).

05/29/13 Referred to Com. on T. & H.

05/20/13 In Senate. Read first time. To Com. on RLS. for assignment.

05/20/13 Read third time. Passed. Ordered to the Senate. (Ayes 49. Noes 22. Page 1515.)

X Deutschland Site Besuchen