Forums

JOIGNEZ-VOUS À LA COMMUNAUTÉ
INSCRIVEZ-VOUSIdentifiant

Any educated guess's on how long the California $2500 rebate will last?

I just signed my paperwork today for a Black P85 and I was looking forward to the $2500 rebate. Then it occurred to me that it may run out before I take delivery.

The delivery window says Feb - Mar (sidenote: TOTALLY SHOCKED at how soon that is!!!!)

So has anyone been tracking how fast the fund has been going down? If I take delivery end of March should I be ok?

Yeah, I'm really trying to see if anyone has a guess at how many cars get sold/qualify every week or month.

The website has 4M left, $2500 a car means only 1600 additional cars will qualify.

Tesla alone is making 400 cars a week so that means it would run out in a month :-( Let alone the other cars that qualify.

I was just hoping someone had some other info. Looks like I am going to miss it.

But of the 1600 Tesla delivers, all are not being sold in California.

Oh, very good point.

I wish the website listed information on historic draw down of the fund.

I'm just glad to get the email last week that my 85 was approved and that the check will come within 6 weeks. I think I read somewhere that the 60 was not yet on the list of approved vehicles. I hope that gets cleared up soon.

sancann;
Yes, probably well under ½, or even ¼, at this point. Good catch!

60kWh got approved last week and I submitted mine.

My delivery (not yet determined) minus 10 minutes.

Tech4ever - Having followed the program for 2 years now, my educated guess is you will get your rebate. The Clean Vehicle Rebate Project is administered by the California Center for Sustainable Energy but the funding comes from the California Air Resources Board. Last year when it looked like the fund would run short before the end of the FY 2012, June 30, the CARB increased funding by over $1 Million: http://energycenter.org/index.php/technical-assistance/transportation/tr... If all funds are exhausted this fiscal year, there is a provision in the program for the establishment of a wait list, which would mean you would get your rebate from FY 2014 funds, sometime after July 1 of this year.

Has anyone with 60kwh S received the $2500 rebate check yet? I received an email on Feb 6th stating that my application has been approved, but just wondering how long before I can expect the check to arrive.

sidney. Ditto, approved and waiting for the check. Besides, $2,400 of it going to TM for the 4 year service program, when it becomes available.

I applied for mine on 2/22/13 and approved on 3/1/13. It looks like they added more funds to the pot but I wouldn't wait to long.

I received the check last Friday - approx a month after the application was approved. Still waiting for the HOV sticker though...

Approved 2/13. received today.

Approved 2/4, submitted paperwork within a day or two, no check yet.

The center for sustainable energy says that rebates will be mailed 30-60 days after approval. Most everyone appears to be getting their rebates within 30 days

We did our taxes. We got the federal 7500, but the state said it was out of funds and no longer offering rebate. Ended up paying to the state...

When was that? They just got a more funding not too long ago. I applied and got my funds reserved just last Friday. Oh, wait, this is the Internet. I sometimes forget there are people who don't live where I do. Are you in CA and are you talking about the CVRP?

We got our check a couple of weeks ago. There was some delay when they needed some additional piece of information, then the check came quickly.

@CnJsSigP: I applied online on Sat 03/02. I was not paying attention to it, but the screen showed a number for the remaining funds of more than one million dollar! I was approval email on Sat 03/05 and mailed in the paperwork the following day.

I just applied for CA refund, don't know whether it will be approved. However the website seems to suggest 9 million or so left! Where does the 1 million number come from?

https://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-reba...

@RedShift I wrote that. I was not paying attention to what was on the screen. I clicked on the next step and that when I saw a number of remaining funds before the browser redrew the screen. All I remember is that the number being _more_than_ 1 million. 9 is more than 1.

hn;
Except on the 6th Tuesday in months ending in "brr".

Hnashif,
Thanks for the tip I will investigate more, again. Maybe we should've waited. We rushed to do our taxes and get our refund to replenish the savings we used.
I'll let you know what I find.
Btw we just used Turbo tax...

Today I received an email of final approval, after receiving paper documents. It claims the refund check will be sent within 60 days.

Hnashif and others...
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I was blindly trusting turbo tax to figure it out, but I followed the links like you said and am in the process of getting my $2500 from the state EV rebate program. Oddly enough TT had no problem with figuring out the 7500 federal rebate...
I ended up following the incentives links on the Tesla website.
If your tax program, or tax guy says the state program has stopped, just follow the incentives link on the Tesla website and go for it!

@ CnJsSigP: That's because the state rebate has nothing to do with taxes. It's a rebate, not a tax credit. The federal program is a tax credit.

I got my preliminary approval for the 2500$ CA credit today.

@gregv64
Aaahhh! *LIGHTBULB* LOL when you say it like that, it seems so simple.
...I could never work at H&R block...

i got my preliminary approval today, and the app was only sent in last friday. just be sure to send in the form as soon as you get your VIN! don't wait for the license plate either. good luck!

X Deutschland Site Besuchen