Picked up my car this week and we went on this 120 mile road trip to Sacramento from the SF bay area. Had my two boys in the rear facing seats. A few minutes into this trip, the kids started complaining that it was too hot outside. It was a sunny day, and we turned the temperature down to the coldest possible. Within half an hour, it was so unbearable for them still that we had to pull over and buy them hats to protect them from the sun.. and below is what we learned the hard way..
- There is no A/C ducts in the truck area, even if we ordered the rear facing seats
- The fans doesn't reach the rear facing seats at all
- The sun would be shining on the kids without any obstruction
- There is no sun film installed, when the car is delivered.
- The seats are not comfortable for long trips
- In the night the headlights of the cars behind ours would shine on the kids faces. Try telling them to sleep..
Please dont count on using the rear facing seats unless the weather is not warm and its a short trip.
Having said that, my sons love to be in these seats, particular on their short trips to school and jump out of the trunk, when the rest of alight through the regular doors.. That's cool !! Add to it their excitement of opening the frunk in front of other kids to retrieve their school bags.
Please Login to Comment