Forum

Unisciti allacomunità
REGISTRAZIONEAccedi

A reservation of Model X requires an initial payment of 30,000 Euro. A reservation of Model S requires only a 4,000 Euro. Why?

Why such a difference in initial payment (30,000 Euro for Model X, and 4,000 for Model S)?

The difference is only because you are able to reserve a signature edition of model X but with model S the signature edition is already sold out.

You are also able to reserve a Model X as general production. Therefore the reservation fee is also 4000 €.

@maxbafh
You are correct, both prices are mentioned there.
I don't understand why I did not see it in the first place.

But, why should I choose a Signature Model X, instead of a Model X as general production? I cannot see on the Tesla Motors website which options the Signature Model X has standard on it, that are not on the base Model X.

You can't see the difference yet, because details have not been announced.

The difference between Model S and Model S signature where, that everything was included except the Pano Roof and the rare facing child seats.

Also a difference is the choice of possible colors. The Model S signature has only 4 different colors. Also one special color is available that's Signature Red - which you won't get in the general production.

I think I would prefer a base Model X with no options at all. The only thing that I would really like to have is a larger battery pack (120 kWh would be great) for a larger range. Maybe we have to wait a while for that before it becomes available.

@Benz | JANUARY 29, 2013: The only thing that I would really like to have is a larger battery pack (120 kWh would be great) for a larger range.

Switching to 3.4mAh battery yields 93kWh (3.4/3.1*85) with practically no change in weight (45.5g/cell vs 46g/cell). Switching to 4.0mAh batteries yields 110kWh with a larger gain in weight (45.5g/cell vs 56g/cell)

Improvement and/or development for the better is always good.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen