Forum

Unisciti allacomunità
REGISTRAZIONEAccedi

100,000 Signatures Reached on White House Petition...

...Now we wait again for a response!

Needed a new thread for that?

No, but lots of people on here don't check the tracking thread but probably would be happy to know it hit 100k! :-) This thread has now served that purpose and may be left to die.

Thanks for the post riceuguy!

I never thought we would get there! Awesome!

@teslamotors responded via twitter:

We did it! 100,000 signatures in just 10 days. Thank you everyone who signed @whitehouse petition supporting Tesla http://wh.gov/llpAp

Nothing from Elon Musk yet . . .

Elon's twitter message:
Woohoo, Tesla direct sales petition passed the 100k threshold! Thanks a lot to everyone that helped!!

good move riceuguy

Fantastic (intermediate) result!

Work on getting extra ones. State dealer associations might claim some are invalid.

Yeah keep getting people to sign. It's not over yet!

@hamer very true, many out-of-country enthusiasts chose to help, and I think somone wrote how the signed twice. If it reaches a much higher number by friday I'm sure it'll be overlooked.

So this is all great but what difference will it make in terms of legislation?

Reaching 100,00 and now having more than 101,000 signatures makes me very happy. I've gotta believe this also brings a Tesla Grin to Elon and his team.

Go Tesla! Very happy.

Yeeeee Haaaaw!

kale65: start at page 22 and keep reading for a couple of pages on "old" thread.

@riceuguy, thanks for the update. I wasn't monitoring the old thread like @cloroxbb seemed to assume everyone was.

MCGRATH

Grazie

Very helpful - another reason for having better search on this site

OLD THREAD: "Petition to allow Tesla to sell in all States- Tracking progress". 28 pages of interesting reading.:)

Seems ridiculous that this is even an issue!!!

good news

I've been avoiding all the "Sign this petition!" Threads that have been popping up. Now I'm intrigued though. Off to read it!

Oh and yes I did sign it. ;-)

Cheers!

102,995 @ 3:55 pm PDT

Wonder how long it will keep surging!

103,145 6:15 pm CST
slowed down once it it 100,000.

We're about 900 away from taking over the #7 position

100,000 signatures is pretty amazing for a company that has made less than 20,000 cars.

For those concerned I don't believe the petition will garner new legislation, however maybe it can be the start of a wake up call for the dealer associations to back off and let Tesla determine its own future. The petition is great publicity for Tesla as well and brings attention to a growing company.

At least now, we will get a formal response from Obama. Hopefully it brings the issue more into the spotlight.

With any luck maybe the Sherman Antitrust Act signed into law in 1890 will come up.

"The Sherman Antitrust Act (Sherman Act,[1] July 2, 1890, ch. 647, 26 Stat. 209, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1–7) is a landmark federal statute on United States competition law passed by Congress in 1890. It prohibits certain business activities that federal government regulators deem to be anticompetitive, and requires the federal government to investigate and pursue trusts, companies, and organizations suspected of being in violation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Antitrust_Act

So this is definitely something the White House can get the ball rolling on.

How much do you want to bet that the prez asks for a test drive? :)

And even if he doesn't, Elon should publicly offer him one. Talk about a press coup. Time to buy stock! :)

X Deutschland Site Besuchen