Forum

Unisciti allacomunità
REGISTRAZIONEAccedi

BATTERY USE AT 100 MPH FOR 6 TO 7 MINUTES

ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHAT THE USAGE WOULD BE?

You could calculate it by extrapolating these graphs: . I seem to recall someone has done this, though I don't have the link handy.

As an example, using the chart, driving 80 MPH for 6 minutes, you'd go 8 miles. According to the chart, at 80 MPH, the car consumes 400 Wh/mile, which for 8 miles would be 3200 Wh = 3.2 kWh, or about 4% of the 85 kWh battery's capacity.

At 100 MPH, you'd be going 10 miles and at a higher Wh/mile consumption rate, but it would require extending the chart to determine what that would be.

From Tesla's range chart, I would guess you would use about 5.5-6 kWh if you went a constant 100 mph for 6 minutes (i.e. 10 miles at 100 mph).

They extended out further on this graph, but it's not a very detailed graph:
http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/all/themes/tesla/goelectric/publish/img...

I made some calculations for Model S :

speed (mph) / power from the battery (kW) / energy consumed in 6 minutes (kWh)

55 / 16 / 1,5
60 / 18,5 / 1,85
100 / 58 / 5,8
125 / 102 / 10,2

conditions: 70F, flat road, no wind, constant speed, 1 person in the car

I extended curve in my reference sheet at http://evtripplanner.com/EVQuickRef.pdf - expect it would be about 580 Wh/mile so that would be 58kWh/hour at 100 mph (or about 5.8kWh for 6 minutes)

Here's one I prepared earlier:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The real question is: Why do you want to know? Got some track days coming up?

I can verify that the cruise control works at 100 MPH... it seemed to stop increasing at that point.

Unlike your heart rate?

In other words, if you plan on using the Model S as a getaway vehicle, then you better have a good plan for where you're going!

THANKS FOR ALL THE ANSWERS--

TRYING TO LEARN THE DO'S AND DON'TS.

IF 100 MPH FOR 6 MINUTES-- WILL COVER 10 MILES---

IF I STARTED WITH 200 MILES IN THE "TANK"(BATTERY RANGE)

HOW MUCH WOULD REMAIN AFTER 10 MILES-- (190 MILES OR APPROX. WHAT)

THANKS AGAIN

Speaking of "don'ts", could you turn off caps lock? :)

The "battery range" is the assumed range at 55 mph. If you are doing 100 mph, you'll be using more energy per mile than you would at 55. Hence after 10 miles, your new estimated range will be less than 190. Looking at the graph that nickjhowe gave us, the range at 100 mph is about half that of 55 mph. So give or take; after 10 miles at 100 mph, you would "use" 20 miles of range, resulting in 180 miles left.

Those 180 miles would represent either:
180 miles @ 55 mph
90 miles @ 100 mph

Roughly.

Seems like a very reasonable question especially for German Tesla owners. The autobahn is commonly 100mph. I would love to here from some German drivers.

THANKS AGAIN.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK--- BUT I CAN SEE BETTER THAT WAY.

DONOT INTEND TO OFFEND--

THANKS AGAIN.

Merv-

It might be worthwhile to wear the glasses while you're qualifying for Talladega...;)

Oh, come on. Will someone in Montana or such just charge up and go get us an answer. I'd do it myself but the Florida Highway Patrol has taken a dim view of this stuff in the past :)

> SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK--- BUT I CAN SEE BETTER THAT WAY.

One could make the argument that if you need to use caps lock to see better, you probably should not be driving at 100 mph... At those kinds of speeds you need keen eyesight to be able to react to things in front of you!

And CTRL-+ keys enlarge the font to any size you need.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen