There are many types of Lithium Ion (cobalt, magnesium, polymer, etc.) batteries on the market.
Lithium Iron Phosphate seems to be the best choice at this time.
• between 2000 to 3000 life cycles of recharging
• doesn't heat up as fast (stays cool)
• does not suffer from “thermal runaway”
• Extremely low self discharge rate
• virtually flat discharge curve means maximum power available until fully discharged (no “voltage sag” as with lead acid batteries)
• can be safely rapidly recharged
Which one will Tesla be using in the model S ?
Please Login to Comment