Fora

WORDT DEEL VAN DE COMMUNITY
REGISTREERINLOGGEN

New blog post - Inside Tesla 5.29.12

George Blankenship kept his promise, weekly updates every Tuesday!

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/inside-tesla-52912

Now, WHEN ARE RIGHT HAND DRIVE MODELS GOING TO START ROLLING OFF THE LINE?

I dare anyone to watch today's blog video and tell me their heart doesn't quicken just a little. Exciting stuff!

But I do find it strange that these high-tech machines are punching out doors, but it takes people to put them on a cart?

Late nite screen cap:

Oops, didn't show whole thing. Try again:

@dborn: in about six months, if not more.

Design Studio hanging up in Chrome today. New one going up already?

Not yet. It works for me (Firefox) as it always did, e.g., it does not show any price information.

@Slindell

Could be quality control

Yes, exactly, EK. At some point, unfortunately perhaps, a human has to be involved in the process. If you look closely the guys aren't just stacking the door panels, they are actually checking them for blemishes.

Would be horrendous on so many levels if 5,000 door panels got punched out and stacked by robots and at door panel #6 a piece of scrap got caught in one of the dies, or one of the tools cracked, or, or, or, and blemished the next 4,694 panels.

Wave your hand if you want a blemish in your left door panel on your new 60K+ car. Wave your hand if you want the cost of that much waste tacked onto the purchase price of your new car. Yeah, me neither. :-)

Clearly I suck at math...calculator...4994 panels.

hhmmmm.... if I could get a sig at a drastically reduced rate soon I just might consider taking the car that was made with all body panels being oops-es.

After you drive it to work a couple of times, it will look like that anyway :-(

X Deutschland Site Besuchen