Fora

WORDT DEEL VAN DE COMMUNITY
REGISTREERINLOGGEN

November 29th, 2012, Blog by George Blankenship: "2013 Model S Price Increase"; and "Battery Replacment Option" at fixed prices!

Regarding this "Battery Replacement Option" I have read in the concerning blog:

"We have received many requests for a Battery Replacement Option. We are happy to now offer this option for all three battery variants. This option will provide you a new battery anytime after the end of the eighth year at a fixed price. Prices are as follows: $8,000 for the 40 kWh battery, $10,000 for the 60 kWh battery, and $12,000 for the 85 kWh battery. You will be able to purchase this additional option through your MyTesla page in the near future."

My questions are:
- In case of the 85 kWh battery, the fixed price is 12,000 USD, is that including the labour and time of the Tesla Motors mechanic? Or is that something we have to pay extra for?
- What are the fixed prices for the European customers?
- Does the Tesla Model X also have a "Battery Replacement Option"?

I'm assuming that the price will include installation like some of the other parts you can order from Tesla, but since Tesla didn't say, know of us can know for sure.

Has anyone who bought a Tesla Model S, also chosen for the "Battery Replacement Option" yet?

If so, they did so in their own minds only, as that Option is not actually for sale yet.

OK, it is not for sale yet. But it is announced, so it will be for sale in the near future, I guess?

People who already have their Model S delivered to them, can they afterwards also choose the "Battery Replacement Option" when it will be for sale (2014)?

If one buys Model S with a smaller battery but wants to upgrade to a larger battery later; do the above replacement battery costs stay the same or is it not that easy?

Not that easy. They won't have the option of changing battery size. They will have to buy a new car if they want a larger battery.

Check out the FAQ section. It's listed above the other forums.

Cheers!

Sorry. It's actually labeled the "Tesla Bulletin Board".

What a terrible name. Can we get that relabeled please?

It's not an FAQ. TM responds to current discussion topics that need clarification. You can ask questions, but no answers are guaranteed.

That would mean that my questions cannot be answered yet?

Or that they're not important enough.

People who are trying to find out which vehicle they want to buy, might consider these questions as rather important, in order to decide about the Tesla Model X, you know?

X Deutschland Site Besuchen