Fora

WORDT DEEL VAN DE COMMUNITY
REGISTREERINLOGGEN

The We The People Tesla petition 100,000 signatures CAN BE MET

I'm not sure if everyone knows about this (I didn't know about it until Tesla posted about it on the Facebook page) but there is a petition on We The People that is calling for Tesla to be able to sell directly to consumers in all 50 states.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-tesla-motors-sell-direct...

I know there is a tracking thread under the Model S forum, but I have something different to add in mind.

As of this moment, over 30,000 people have signed the petition online, over the 22 days the petition has been open. That's a little unsettling, given that there are only about 7 days left to gain 70,000 more signatures if the petition is to be addressed by the Administration.

This being said, I was the 8,280th person to sign the petition, 3 days ago. The petition only had 8,000 signatures in 19 days, yet in the last three nearly triple that number added to the count. The rate at which the petition is gaining signatures is growing exponentially, and given the current trend, the petition can surely meet the required 100,000 signatures by July 5th.

This idea is probably already common or contemplated knowledge, so I'll also say this: If you haven't signed the petition on whitehouse.gov yet, SIGN IT, the link is above. Then, share it on your Facebook count multiple times over the next crucial week, or over any other social media like Twitter or emails. It is so crucial that we as Tesla followers continue to share this petition with as many people as possible, even ask them to continue to share the existence of the petition as well.

After that, I guess there's nothing else to do but watch.

Once it gets 38,000+, it will be among the Top 20 petitions. That would put it on Page 1 of the popular petitions, and a lot more people will see it.

On the "most popular" page, yes. And 38,000 will be by tomorrow afternoon. I'm so thrilled about the momentum that this petition has gained. just a week ago, it was under 2000. And in one week?

All Model S owners and all those waiting to own one should be contacted and asked to sign up 12 people this fourth of july weekend. We'll then zip past that 100K limit with time to spare.

Look at what the Fools are saying:

http://boards.fool.com/1081/30k-signatures-in-past-4-days-more-needed-30...

For those of you who are not familiar with Fools, "Fools" with a capital "F" is a good thing. They are big supporters of Tesla and recommended the stock (TSLA) at the beginning of the year. Investors are up 180% since their recommendation. And Elon spoke at Fool HQ last year.

I'm not surprised. I get all my Tesla news from Motley Fool under the Yahoo! news. I'll be surprised at this point if the petition minimum isn't met, especially since, now that the petition has over 38,072 signatures, it's on the front page of the most popular section.

Just got an email from tesla about the petition, and signed. Making good progress now.

Don't forget to post on your facebook page.

@tes-s - can you elaborate on this email you received from Tesla?

I got one of them as well. Are you signed up with emails from Tesla, Tamtam?

Over 54K now.

#Engineer No I'm not.

Tantam you can sign up for the newsletter here: http://www.teslamotors.com/contact

64,000 +/- at this time. I just received the e-mail from Tesla today.

64,000 +/- at this time. I just received the e-mail from Tesla today.

Is it just me or is it starting to lose momentum? 65,459 at time of writing

6 more days, for 40,000+ signatures... I surely hope it can be met.

People are distracted by the weekend. 67,130 8 pm PDT Sat.

can someone get this posted on www.slashdot.org? The majority of Americans hate car dealers, we just need to get the publicity.

Actually 12th highest number of signatures right now, at slightly greater than 69K. On front page of Popular petitions in Open Petitions section.

www.teslamodels.wordpress.com

I appreciate the progress on this. Go Tesla.

Cattledog;
Did you mean to link to the forums homepage? What use is that?

Reaching that 100K signatures could be a problem. This message was generated at the white house petition site by me just a moment ago while attempting to "create account" in order to sign the petition: "This page is currently undergoing site maintenance. We appreciate your patience while we are making some improvements to Whitehouse.gov. This page should be back online soon."

Try this link (it works, you can see the signatures going up here):

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-tesla-motors-sell-direct...

It seems to be stuck around 76,600.
I thought it was close to that last night.

@ David70

At midnight PDT the total number of signatures was about 74,221.

So, it's not stuck at at all, as about 2,400 signatures have been added to the total number of signatures since midnight PDT.

Will try the https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-tesla-motors-sell-direct... site again this evening. Just got the same site down for maintenance msg while trying to "create account" (req'd in order to sign) and have not rec'd the confirmation email from the whitehouse site yet either. # of signatures at moment shows 77,175. Hopefully whatever is going on there will be resolved later this afternoon.

I was finally able to log into the site and sign the petition from my home computer. Perhaps NSA wasn't able to cross reference my personal credentials w/ the IP # from my employer's ISP earlier or something? Oh well it seems to have worked now in any event.

Ask other people to sign the petition as well.

Cheers

82,044 signatures at time of writing. Making good progress. Hopefully it reaches 100,000 by Friday.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen