Forum

Bli med i fellesskapet
RegistrerLogg inn

Announcement tomorrow 4/26

"@elonmusk Announcement of new @TeslaMotors strategy tomorrow. Tesla owners will like this."

Supercharger announcement maybe?

one thing i will say -- elon sure knows how to create anticipation and excitement about the company (and the stock).

i know i'm excited (as both a shareholder and owner).

surfside

A strategy? I don't think you can drive up to a strategy and charge up. It might be exciting and we might all like the announcement very much, but it doesn't sound like something we can visit/buy/enjoy tomorrow.

But I hope I'm wrong... I think.

Strategy for implementing the super-charger network more rapidly. Possibly a partnership with a nationwide business chain, restaurant or other, as some have suggested by some in these forums. It would make sense, to reduce land acquisition, permitting times, and other overhead. It would also be a great business op for the partner. I suspect it will be along these lines if "Tesla owners will like this."

Boring answer, but what about free data with Slacker or something similar included (or data included in the service plan)?

Existing Tesla owners would like this since it's not another nickel-and-dime thing.

It's also technically still a new "strategy" of selling the car and fits with the recent trends of hyperbole in Elon's tweets.

My reaction would be: "that's nice."

Needless to say, I'm not planning on being overwhelmed.

Plus, hasn't anyone thought it odd that we're still getting free data? (It doesn't take that long to negotiate and figure out a data plan).

New strategy for ending the pesky dealership battles?

New strategy = shorter distance between SC, perhaps 100 miles instead 150 miles. Hints of this were dropped by EM in aftermath of NYT/Broder affair.
Owners will like it because SC will be useable by both 60kWh and 85kWh cars.

The two other parts of the announcement I believe would be partnering with national restaurant chain to facilitate drammatic increase in the deployment of SC (coast-to-coast in 3-6 months), and two-fold increase in speed of SC. Again, owners (of cars AND company) will be delighted.

This announcement must include Superchargers (faster/many more) but "change in strategy" may be adding an optional 3min battery swap with pick up of your charged battery pack on your return trip.

- agreement with dealers: franchised dealer will sell & service Gen3 cars, but no change for MS & MX. In return dealers provide $2B loan to build Gen3 production lines. ( Oh no )
- all KOA RV parks to have 40 kW mini super chargers for a flat fee ( wilderness here we come ).

I can see chargers at shopping centers around the US in partnership with big box stores like Target, Lowes, etc.

Tomorrows announcement is 3rd out of 5.

@LiamSellers asked in reply: "is this part 3 in the 5 part announcement trilogy?"

And Elon Musk replied: "yes".

Now I am confused, because I thought that the news regarding the 80 Tesla Model S loaners, was the 3rd announcement. But I seem to be wrong about that.

But that would mean that the 4th announcement (regarding the Superchargers) will be later than tomorrow.

Does this make sense to anyone?

I do like the previous ideas about linking SuperChargers with a major chain of 24/7 restaurants. I have found that the Denny's chain is surprisingly close to the 150 mile separation on Interstate 40 between LA and OKC. Parking could be an issue, where as a truck/auto stop like Loves, Pilot and Flying J may have the power and space to get installations completed faster. These are not exactly my idea of luxury rest stops, but food and restrooms operate 24/7.

The announcement of tomorrow will not be about Superchargers, it will be about Service.

yup, confirmed by a company spokeswoman.

surfside

Maybe they give 4 year / 50,000 mile "free" service - so that would negate both the $600/year and the $1,900 up front for four years. Owners would like that and it would be a strategy change to compete with BMW and Mercedes who offer similar services.

I thought the service announcement was about the loaner cars.

I honestly don't think they'd change the service programs and reduce the costs to owners vs. what they've already announced. To me as both a customer and shareholder would look like shoddy planning and a negative to viability of the company since it would reduce the profit margin they have to have to survive.

I like to see an announcement that increases consumer interest in Tesla, not an extra perk that I didn't expect.

Free, thick mats.

Sorry, but I have been underwhelmed by Elon's tweets before.

Must be Service. Elon personally takes on service and promises to drive it to unprecedented levels.
Main goal, pamper the existing owners, great service packages and streamline communications.

We're getting "clip on" flashlights for the visors !!!!

Don't know about you, but I may not sleep tonight.

Well, the service announcement happened already - the Model S loaner cars! I doubt this is another service announcement. Whatever it is we should dial down our expectations as all the announcements so far were kind of a let down. I really hope this is about new super chargers. We are all desperately waiting for the expansion of that network.

I don't think a blurb in an interview qualifies as an announcement. Consumers can't be expected to follow Elon on every interview. An official channel must release an annoucement. A company announcement would come in the form of a blog or update on the site IMHO. I think the strategy shift will be related to service. Service packages or delivery mechanism change.

Do you think Elon makes these tweets and sits back reading these speculative messages with a glass of wine and grin from ear to ear? Must be fun to have a car and space company to play with.

Ditto on the comment of being underwhelmed with his announcements. I hope I'm wrong, but my expectations are low-to-medium.

"Tesla owners will like this.""

Perhaps a data plan? 4G? Free Slacker for life?

The service loaner announcement was never actually made. USA Today got the scoop but nothing was ever officially announced. I hate to be a pessimist, but it could just be the official announcement of that plus maybe more service centers or something lame like that. Of course I am hoping for a supercharger announcement (and I have mentioned on other threads that a factory person said probably 4 in Texas within 3 months!), but Elon did say this was announcement 3 of 5 which strongly points to--wait for it--service.

I think Elon is having some well deserved fun-- further terrifying the shorties. I am not holding my breathe.

Prediction; As many others have already said: Partnership with some form of 24/7 restaurant or big box store to have supercharger stations. Besides high price point, this is really the biggest obstacle for main stream acceptance and growth of the brand/product.

@Velo1, If I was Elon and read what you wrote, I would probably want to comment that "I don't have time for that!" And when he is sitting to his glass of wine, he would most likely have his wife and kids on his lap versus a laptop to check the Tesla Forums. Or maybe a good book on theories and designs of electromagnetic trains from Japan ... :)

@BYT, isn't Elon divorced? Or at least separated. Sounds like the loaner car scoop from USA Today was a screw up on Elon's part. Probably will be some minor service announcement.

How about a deal with a large chain where the business benefits from the installed solar panels (albeit govt subsidized) in exchange for free use of the land for SC spaces and additional panels if their rooftop isn't large enough? Good for Tesla, the business partner and Solar City. The larger the solar installation the more cost effective it is too.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen