Bli med i fellesskapet
RegistrerLogg inn

It's Time to Build Your Model S

Apologies if there's already a thread for this, but I just got my notification

It's time to have some fun designing and finalizing your Model S. We have made the entire process available online from anywhere with an internet connection.


The days of having to stop into an auto dealer to buy a car are over. We have made the entire process available from anywhere with an internet connection. You can design your car, request paperwork and even sign your paperwork from the comfort of your home. If you have not designed your Model S yet, you can start right here. If you already designed your car and are ready to request paperwork, just click here to continue the process.


We want this process to be fun and easy so if you have any questions we're here to help. If you prefer to walk through the process with an experienced Product Specialist, just give us a call at 888.771.2505, email us, or stop by one of our stores.

This is a very exciting next step and we look forward to sharing it with you. In just a few short months, you'll be one of the very first drivers on the planet to experience the fun and exhilaration of Model S. Let's get your car on the road!


Tesla Product Specialist Team

Now off to make some choices... P779

Isn't drinking from a firehose fun? So stimulating!


Just got my "time to finalize" e-mail a few minutes ago, res #11380. Delivery window of Feb/March allegedly, which was a pleasant surprise. Waiting on paperwork, weeee!

congrats @ mika - what did you go w/?

Thanks, mwillmsn. Gray performance 85kw, pano roof, black interior, all the doodads except the jump seats. Got to test drive an almost identical car a couple months ago so I've got a good idea of what I'm in for.

#11,376 Just received the email too!! Given Feb/March delivery date as well. Getting 85 w/Twin, Blk on blk w/ lacewood, Pano, 19's, Tech, Air, Armor, Parcel. :D

#10512 ...Been waiting on paperwork since Tuesday. Hope to sign tomorrow. I noticed the Feb/March date appears before you lock in your build. From what I heard, if you are building a performance or even a 85kw with air suspension, they may be building much sooner. If you opt out of air suspension or have a different battery config, you may be waiting a while, more like March/April. So a little bird told me. Dont kill the messenger.

@Mocaptain, anyone who is surprised to hear that standard suspension or a 40kwh battery will push them to March or later is most likely not active in the forums! They've been clear about that for a while now...

I agree. Whats misleading is that before you lock in your build they say Feb/March for all cars. There were several comments making that time frame seem like it was an accurate estimate on this forum thread. Secondly and to my surprise, the premium reservations were going right into build. Rumor of a premium res from the other day going right into build mode with in 5 days from paperwork. Builds after the new year will also compete with international reservations which is no surprise but a log jam none the less.

Indeed...I laughed out loud when Tesla said Feb/March, so she went back and looked at my standard suspension and said "well, not REALLY Feb or March." I think the legitimate criticism is that they have stumbled in their communication...everything else is simply good business on Tesla's part!

No. 11364 Just received and finalized Model S 85kw, Silver. I was told possible delivery Jan-March 2013. Seems very optimistic to me but I am amped for a factory pickup and hopefully a factory tour.

Well, it is Monday. Time for more TTB emails to go out. If they prioritized based on refreshing the design studio looking for the "finalize" button, I would be near the top!

@mocaptain - if you have a high reservation number and are waiting for red, standard suspension, or a smaller battery, you will likely be waiting longer because all the people with earlier numbers who are waiting for the same thing will get in front of you once those options are unblocked.

Just received my "Time to build" email. P11835. Now all I have to do is convince my wife (and myself) to pull the trigger. Love the car but have never bought a car close to this price range.

85, black, air, pano, tech

Got my email an hour ago. Will finalize today or tomorrow. #11790. 85, black , all options but kid seats. I'm stoked to say the least.

Oh god, P12104 is coming...cancelling and reordering is going to be so painful...I'm not readyyyyyy!!!!

I have P14514 .. not sure if they will allow swapping of reservations in case somebody wants to wait longer?

Honestly I want to push back as far as possible while still keeping the original pricing.

Unless you could make such a swap worth my while. If so, and you can get Tesla to agree to it, I'm all ears.

It wouldn't make much difference. I'd be very surprised if 14514 isn't invited to finalize by the end of the month, or the first week of January at the latest. Even if you cancel and rereserve on the 31st, you'll probably be invited to finalize by the end of January.

It'll probably be around 2 months difference. I can make a lot of money in two months. :)

I was in a store yesterday and was told that my 145xx number would likely be invited to finalize by the end of the month.

I'm less worried about when I have to finalize, and more worried about when I have to hand over eighty thousand dollars. Bumping back 3000 reservations (and then waiting the full 30 days to finalize) should buy a couple months between when I would have otherwise taken delivery.

Or, from the looks of it, bumping back more than 4,000, we're nearly at 16,000 reservations.

Archibald, I've tried everything to push back delivery (including telling them I wanted to cancel and re-reserve). They said basically there's no point. Best case would be to push things back 3 weeks, since 90%+ of finalize email recipients finalize within days of their emails, and all reservation holders will get their invites in the next few weeks, essentially just wait as long as you can before finalizing and that's about all you can do. There will most likely be at least 5000 - 7000 cars ahead of us as of when we finalize, probably more like 6000-8000 for you, so say at least 4 months from the finalize email. I went with standard suspension to make sure it's even longer, in the hopes of staving things off till May or June (assuming a Jan. 7 finalization).

Or, downgrade to 40 kwh battery and pay less while waiting longer ;-)

#11,902. Just did my finalize. I don't see where an expected date is listed.

"Prepping paperwork"

85kw perf, silver, pano roof, everything except for rear-facing seats :)

Arie...I started at the 40kwh battery but couldn't help but go to 60kwh between the range and performance difference. Believe me, I wish I could!!

Going to do it anyway. We'll see.

11,852 received email today.

so close.... 12,817 here. I am ready to hit finalize!

I made a chart from another forum's data showing a scatter plot of P# and VIN#. They are clearly going in batch mode. They start at a low P# and skip through to the end based on what they are currently building, and then return to the front of the P#'s for their next configuration. I'm sure most knew this already, but seeing it graphically was interesting (like a zig zag pattern). I would imagine that they are getting close to starting with 60kWh configurations leaving a few 85's with suspension or paint combos waiting.

I was hoping to buy a few months before finalizing, but anticipated getting the email sometime in January. Looks like that will be sooner, maybe the next few weeks. Then I have 4 weeks to finalize and avoid the price hike? Either way, with the 40kWh pack and standard suspension (P14875) I will probably be getting my car next fall. Hopefully my birthday, wouldn't that be some icing on the cake.

X Deutschland Site Besuchen