Forum

Gå med i community
Registrera digLogga in

Guess who stopped by with 99,610 miles on his MS odometer?

I don't want to steal any thunder, but a well-known forum member stopped by yesterday to get a hit from our HPWC and spent a couple hours hanging out and catching up. We took a quick boat ride out to the bay while charging and I got to hear about his recent west coast swing to TesLive. He was driving a beautiful green MS 85 with 99,610 miles on it. Great guy, beautiful car that looks as good as new. I asked him how long he plans to drive the car and he pointed at our '52 MG that was sitting next to his charging car, and said "until it is as old as that one!"

So the first MS in the wild will go over 100k miles this week, showing no wear.

Remember when 100k was the useful life of most cars? When engines had to be rebuilt every 30-50k? When there were points, oil filters,and spark plugs to change very 3,000 miles? Congratulations on doing your part to change the world My5bAby! Amazing vehicle and a huge benchmark.

Hi Dave, wonderful report! We were very inspired. VIN? What maintenance items had been performed along the way?

He's had a drivetrain replacement (I think only one though) and some ticky-tack little things but for the most part his car has been rock-solid.

So it's now comletely out of warranty then, correct? I mean the battery is covered for 8 years and unlimited miles but everything else stops at 100K miles I believe.

Living dangerously. ;)

Worst guessing game ever!

Congrats to My5baby. A great trailblazer.

What is his range?

Pictures? Stuff like this would be great to see also..

It's still really good....I'm thinking 252 rated or something like that. He does milestone posts with great detail in them so we'll soon get the scoop.

I asked about range loss and he's said about 5% but he hasn't done any of the balancing procedures that others have used to "regain" a higher statistical indicated remaining range. He believes the range loss is probably well below the 5% indicated. This is great to hear - just remember that it was miles accumulated in well under two years, so time and battery age is less of a factor than recharge cycles. Age may not matter much (my daughter's ten year old Prius with 185k miles doesn't seem to have list any battery capacity), but this is a special situation with charging and driving patterns that few of us will replicate. m5bAby did share that he is moving closer to a city and will have a much shorter commute to his new workplace, so won't be putting on miles nearly so quickly in coming years.

JT -
I think you were supposed to answer in the form of a question.

"Who is My5bAby?"

Congrats to My5baby

That is fantastic news, congrats. You are, as I am sure you know, the benchmark for the rest of us. You have gone into the unknown and the biggest unknown is how well the range holds up after that many miles.

PD, do you know what his life avg kWh is?

Now it's coming out of warranty. Just wait.

Anything North of 100k miles, means you are on your own minus the battery pack.

Of course this is purely wishful thinking, but if his car was for the most part trouble free, perhaps Tesla will extend the warranties on the cars. They has a cash reserve to cover warranty work and obviously they are tracking what they are having spending on warranty items. With the increasing quality of the cars, what better selling point then say we will warranty the car for as long as you own the car. Elon has said that if a product fails, then it wasn't designed properly.

Who is My5baby?

@anthony. Go to volkerize.com and search.

That didn't help at all.

Really! I did it and found out that he has more miles on his MS than anyone.

All I know is he wrote a book on Tesla MS. I guess that is enough.

PD,

I hope you treated My5bAby to some of your best oysters.

Btw, I am going to be headed south in the near future with stops planned in DC, and VA, going as far south as C-Ville and then heading back up through Shenandoah National Park. Any recommendations for great seafood/oysters in those areas? You can PM me at TMC - same screen name as above.

Thanks.

I have NOT Authored or written any books about the Model S.

But you inspired folk songs like "On the road again in my Model S..."

Anthony;
RU getting him confused with nickjhowe? Another star.

@My5bAby The mistake was probably from taking this description too literally: My5bAby wrote the book on setting the mileage record for the Model S. :-)

@My5bAb This is a great milestone to report 'real-life/actual' detailed list of all maintenance and repairs done thus far with corresponding warranty/or out-of-pocket costs and comments.
PLEASE!!!!

@jdesmo Maybe he should write a book.

Oysters? Ewww!

It would take me almost twenty years to rack up that kind of mileage!

AR - Oysters Ewww?? Whaaaaaaaa? You're breaking my heart, man. Tell me you don't ban oysters from the Mayoral Mansion(s)!

AR has been recalled as mayor due to recent revelation of his abhorrent disagreement with oysters.

Stats on the rated range he gets with a range charge would be greatly appreciated. My P85+ at 26k miles over 1 year gets 260 rated (started at 265 on day 1). I'm thinking this had a lot to do with one of the software changes. Still a spaceship!

X Deutschland Site Besuchen