Legal, Privacy, and Security
Copyright 2002-2014 Tesla Motors, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files and their arrangement on Tesla Motors, Inc. internet sites are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted. Some Tesla Motors, Inc. internet sites also contain material that is subject to the copyright rights of their providers.Prices
All prices specified are recommended retail prices. Prices are current at the time of publication and subject to change without notice.Trademarks
Unless otherwise indicated, all marks displayed on Tesla Motors, Inc. internet sites are subject to the trademark rights of Tesla Motors, Inc., including, but not limited to, model name plates and corporate logos and emblems.No Licenses
Tesla Motors, Inc. strives to achieve innovative and informative internet sites. Tesla Motors, Inc. hopes that you will be as enthusiastic as we are about this creative effort. However, Tesla Motors, Inc. must protect its intellectual property, including its patents, trademarks and copyrights. Accordingly, please be on notice that neither these internet sites, nor any material contained therein shall in any way grant or be taken to grant any person a license to Tesla Motors, Inc.'s intellectual property.Cautions Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Internet pages, investor relations releases, outlooks, presentations, audio and video files of events (live or recorded) and other documents on these internet sites contain among other things forward-looking statements that reflect management's current views with respect to future events. The words "anticipate", "assume", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "intend", "may", "plan", "project" and "should" and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to: changes in currency exchange rates, interest rates and in raw material prices; introduction of competing products; increased sales incentives; and decline in resale prices of used vehicles.No Warranties Or Representations
THE INFORMATION ON THESE INTERNET SITES IS PROVIDED BY TESLA MOTORS, INC. "AS IS" AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT. WHILE THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE, IT MAY INCLUDE ERRORS OR INACCURACIES.
THESE INTERNET SITES MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES WHICH ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF TESLA MOTORS, INC. THEREFORE WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY LINKED SITE. TESLA MOTORS, INC. IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY TESLA MOTORS, INC. OF THE LINKED SITE.
This summary provides the key concepts of the full Tesla Privacy Statement and applies to Tesla's interactions with customers and potential customers, its websites, and its vehicles and other products. If you have questions, please refer to the full text version of the Tesla Privacy Statement at: Tesla Privacy Statement.Collection
- Tesla collects information from Tesla vehicles and products, from websites, networks and other sites, from customers and potential customers, from Tesla affiliates and business partners, and from third parties that are required to maintain confidentiality.
- We track your vehicle's condition and performance through data collection and remote connectivity. We do not store data about location or personal settings in vehicles.
- Tesla does not share, sell, or rent Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties for their own use (i.e., for purposes unrelated to products and services of Tesla and its affiliates) without your consent, except for Legal Disclosures as described in the Privacy Statement.
- Tesla uses information to provide services to our customers, to comply with legal requirements, to complete sales, to monitor and improve our website, services, vehicles and other products, for internal business purposes, and for other purposes as disclosed to you.
- We share information with subsidiaries, affiliates, and other entities controlled by Tesla.
- We occasionally provide information to other companies who work on our behalf to help provide our services.
- We may disclose information as required by law.
- We may transfer information between the United States and other countries, and maintain and process information in any country in which Tesla operates.
- You can choose not to share information with us in person, by telephone or online.
- You can withdraw consent to use of your information for purposes not disclosed to you.
- You can withdraw consent to disclosure of your information to unaffiliated third parties.
- You can withdraw consent to remote collection of vehicle data.
You can contact us via email at privacy@TeslaMotors.com or via mail at Tesla Motors, Inc., Attn: Legal – Privacy Office, 3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, California 94304, United States.
Human Rights And Conflict Minerals Policy
Tesla expects our suppliers to conduct their worldwide operations in responsible manner in adherence of this policy and the principles enumerated herein. Tesla works collaboratively with our suppliers to encourage compliance with the following principles:Legal And Regulatory Compliance
Tesla suppliers are to ensure their operations and the products and services supplied to Tesla comply with all national and other applicable laws and regulations.Conflict Minerals
Tesla's suppliers are expected to use reasonable efforts to ensure that parts and products supplied to Tesla are DRC "conflict-free," meaning that such conflict minerals do not benefit armed groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Conflict-free means such parts and supplies do not contain metals derived from "conflict minerals" which are defined as:
|(iv)||wolframite (tungsten); and|
|(v)||any derivatives of the above.|
The goal of this policy is to ensure that Tesla's products do not directly or indirectly finance or benefit armed groups through mining or mineral trading in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or an adjoining country. Tesla requires its suppliers to establish policies, due diligence frameworks, and management systems, consistent with the OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas, that are designed to accomplish this goal.Human Rights
Tesla is committed to ensuring that its suppliers do not use slave labor or engage in human trafficking. Tesla does not, and will not, tolerate the use of slave labor in the manufacture of its products and does not, and will not, accept products or services from suppliers that engage in human trafficking in any form. Human trafficking and slavery are crimes under state, federal and international law. These crimes exist in countries throughout the world.Supplier Compliance
Tesla will do the following to ensure compliance by its suppliers with this policy as required by law and as needed:
- Evaluate its supply chain to address risks related to conflict minerals, human trafficking and slavery;
- Audit suppliers, to evaluate supplier compliance with Tesla's Human Rights and Conflict Minerals Policy;
- Require direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into Tesla products comply with the laws regarding conflict minerals, slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business;
- Discipline employees or contractors, including potential termination of employment, who fail to meet Tesla's Human Rights and Conflict Minerals Policy;
- Train certain Tesla employees regarding conflict minerals, human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the Tesla's supply chain;
- Investigate if Tesla has a reasonable basis to believe that a Tesla supplier is engaging in human trafficking, slave labor, or use of conflict minerals; and
- Transition away from purchasing goods or services from any supplier that is found to be engaging in human trafficking, slave labor, or use of conflict minerals if the supplier does not take corrective actions within a reasonable period of time.
You may contact Tesla's Board of Directors to provide comments or to report concerns. Please write to:
3500 Deer Creek Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304
You may submit your concern anonymously or confidentially by postal mail. You may also indicate whether you are a shareholder, customer, supplier, or other interested party.
You may also provide comments or report concerns by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security Vulnerability Reporting Policy
Tesla values the work done by security researchers in improving the security of our products and service offerings. We are committed to working with this community to verify, reproduce, and respond to legitimate reported vulnerabilities. We encourage the community to participate in our responsible reporting process.
If you are a security researcher and would like to report a security vulnerability, please send an email to: email@example.com. Please provide your name, contact information, and company name (if applicable) with each report. Priority will be granted to encrypted reports – please include your PGP public key with such reports.
We will investigate legitimate reports and make every effort to quickly correct any vulnerability. To encourage responsible reporting, we commit that we will not take legal action against you or ask law enforcement to investigate you if you comply with the following Responsible Disclosure Guidelines:
- Provide details of the vulnerability, including information needed to reproduce and validate the vulnerability and a Proof of Concept (POC)
- Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data and interruption or degradation of our services
- Do not modify or access data that does not belong to you
- Give us a reasonable time to correct the issue before making any information public
We will attempt to respond to your report within 1-2 business days.
Tesla Security Researcher Hall of Fame
Tesla appreciates and wants to recognize the contributions of security researchers. If you are the first researcher to report a confirmed vulnerability, we will list your name in our Hall of Fame (unless you would prefer to remain anonymous). You may also be considered for an award if you are the first researcher to report one of the top 3 confirmed vulnerabilities in a calendar quarter. You must comply with our Responsible Disclosure Guidelines (above) to be considered for our Hall of Fame and top 3 awards.
|Jon||Bitquark Security Research|
|Jack "fin1te" W|
|Ch. Muhammad Osama|
|Nikhil Kumar Srivastava||@niksthehacker|
|Jay Turla||HP Fortify|